Thursday, December 27, 2012

Reviewed: Their Unexpected Mate by Honor James...3 out of 5 rating...


Their Unexpected Mate (Paranormal Protections Unit, #1)
After the devastating loss of her father, Katherine Douglas picks up her entire life and moves to the wilds of Montana. She sets about making a home only to find the unexpected—three larger-than-life men that send her perfectly planned future into a dizzying tailspin.In the middle of a sting, Treasach “Scythe” Campbell, Quinlan “Mac” McAllister, and Sullivan “Sully” McAllister, Alpha Team for the Paranormal Protection Unit, were more worried about getting out in one piece than what the future might hold. But then in she walked—their mate. Like a punch to the gut, instincts older than time kick in, and the three men know nothing but the driving need to be with her.
They're not human, not by a long shot, but they will love her with a fierceness no other could. Will she run from what they are and what they are asking her for, or can they convince her to heed the primal call from within?
Honor James is a new-to-me author and I will definitely be looking for more from her after reading Their Unexpected Mate.  LOVE LOVE LOVE the cover!! 

I loved how the story started out with Katherine walking into the bar and Trey, Mac and Sully immediately knowing that she was their mate. That whole scene in the bar was so funny with Katherine touching the floor to find out why her shoes were sticking to it and then her interaction with the biker. 

Oh...I immediately fell for Trey and then Mac and Sully. I liked Katherine so much in the beginning~her characters was so different than other heroines that I have read. She was kind, sweet, caring and funny. But she did start to annoy me a little in certain things that she did throughout the book. Her no cursing rule made for some funny moments, especially when the guys tried to come up with creative alternatives. Trey loving to get mani/pedi's was another funny part of the story especially since in his job, Trey was considered to be one of the deadliest men alive. And there was definitely some hot kinky foursome sex!! (Yeah!!) 

The story took some turns that I was not expecting and I cannot wait to see what happens  in the next book. There were things that I loved and things that I struggled with throughout the story, but the things that I loved kept me entertained and interested enough to continue reading and to continue on with the series. I am definitely interested in finding out more about Quincy/Skittles~loved him!! As well as Talon. 

Good start to the series. Looking forward to Skittles book next. 3 out of 5 rating!!

***Copy provided by Honor James~Thank you so much!! 

     



2 comments:

  1. Thank you Mariann for the review. :) I'm very glad you enjoyed the novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I'm looking forward to Skittles's book!! :)

      Delete