Monday, December 10, 2012

Author Guest Post: Tamara Hoffa...Home For The Holidays...


Tamara Hoffa is bringing some Holiday Cheer to Belle's Book Bag today! 
She is the author of Heart Of A Soldier part of Boroughs Publishing Group's Lunchbox Romance linedelicious short Romances consumable during the lunch hour
I enjoyed Heart Of A Soldier so much and it really was the perfect lunch time read with a sexy hottie of a soldier!! (My Review)  
Please help me make Tamara feel welcome and be sure to leave her a comment. 

Home For The Holidays

Hi, everyone! I’d like to thank Belle’s Book Bag for letting me share my thoughts with you today. Sip some hot Chocolate, with the new peppermint marshmallows (or peppermint schnapps) light a fire in the fireplace and turn on the Christmas tunes!

At this time of year we see a lot of posts about Christmas; Traditions, Decorations, Food(yum) but what I’d like to talk to you about today are Christmas Carols. Do you love them or hate them? I heartily confess I am a Christmas music junkie! I can’t wait until Thanksgiving when I can break out the Christmas CD’s and play them on repeat until everyone in the house is complaining of bleeding eardrums. The stereo in my car is defunct, so I bring my laptop with me to play carols as I drive ( yes I am that crazy!)


I hear people complaining about Christmas Carols on the radio and I scratch my head, thinking how can you not like Christmas music?


I love them all, from sweet and sappy: The Christmas Shoes, The Christmas Guest, The Gift (Maria’s song) and A baby Changes Everything





The classics: Frank singing Baby It’s Cold Outside, Santa Baby, Bing’s White Christmas, and of course, the all time classic Nat King Cole’s The Christmas Song





Fast: Jingle Bell Rock, Up On he Housetop, Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree, by the fabulous Brenda Lee





Slow: Tennessee Christmas, Angels Among Us, The Friendly Beasts, and one of my all time favorites, Mary Did You Know





And Funny: I made a CD for my grandchildren to listen to in the car (with their mother, hahaha) with  fun and funny Christmas: The Chipmunks, I’m getting’ Nothin’ For Christmas, All I want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth , and I love these, but some of the newer country songs crack me up. Jeff Foxworthy’s 12 Days of Christmas, Leroy the Redneck Reindeer, and Merry Christmas From the Family (this is so my life! Lol)





Music is one of the things that make Christmas special for me. So tell me, How about you? What is your favorite Christmas Carol and why? 


My story Heart of a Soldier is not a Christmas story, but one major scene does take place on Christmas Eve. If you are looking for a nice short read as you snuggle in front of your fireplace this holiday season, I hope you’ll give it a try.


Thanks again for letting me stop by today.

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Joyous Yule, and may your Holiday season be filled with joy, family, love and music!



Heart of a Soldier
Soldier Jameson Hunter faces the battle of his life: winning the heart of Charlotte Mackenzie, widowed mother of a young recruit

 
  



Tamara Hoffa lives in central Tennessee, with her husband of 30 years, her three grown children, two grandchildren, 3 dogs and 2 cats. Tamara started reading when she was four years old and has rarely been seen without a book at hand since. At home you will usually find her in “nana’s chair” with her kindle, her laptop or one of her precious, precocious grandson’s in her lap. Tamara is a reviewer, a professional reader and can now add author to her repertoire.  Tamara is proof positive that it’s never too late to reach for your dreams.

Thanks again, Tamara!! I hope you had as much fun as I did! My husband could play Christmas music all year long!! He starts getting the twitch to decorate the closer we get to Thanksgiving every year. I have to admit that I don't usually listen to Christmas music until about the week before Christmas!! (hides head in shame) lol ;) Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Brenda Lee, Kenny Chesney (don't judge me~All I Want For Christmas Is A Real Good Tan is an awesome song! lol) and Kenny Rogers~The Gift (Mary Did You Know is such a wonderful song from this CD~it's my favorite!!) are some of my favorite Christmas CDs. Favorite Christmas movies are: It's A Wonderful Life, A White Christmas (both of which I had never seen, before I met my husband) and my all time favorite: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!! lol


8 comments:

  1. Hi Tamara,

    Great post. Can't wait to read your book! My favorite Christmas Carol is O Christmas Tree because my grandfather taught it to us. Me and my
    sister would go with my grandparents on the weekends to the shore. We would always sing songs on the way. It did not matter that it was summertime we always sang this song. He also taught us how to sing it in German, O Tannenbaum. My grandfather just recently passed away, and this is one of the many great memories I have of him. Have a happy holiday. Love Belle's blog.

    Patti F

    P.S. Mariann do you remember?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great memory Mariann! My oldest grandson, Tristan is 4 this year, and so far he knows all the words to I'm gettin Nuttin' for Christmas and of course Jingle Bells, I hope I am making memories for him too.

      Delete
    2. Patti...Aww...that was a great comment!! It made me cry!! lol I don't know how you remembered that. I think I do but I'm not sure. Remember...I'm a lot younger than you are...so I was little then. LOL LOL LOL ;p

      Delete
  2. I'm 'A Very Special Christmas' kinda girl. The first one with the red cover. Gets me happy every time! And Trans Siberian Orchestra. LOOOOVE them. But anything Burl Ives sings is good by me. He's Santa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, so true, I love TSO also and my husband adores Manheim Steamroller

      Delete
  3. Love God Rest ye Merry Gentlemen! and O Taunembaum (probably butchered that!) My kindergarten taught it to the class in German and I still remember most of it! Really enjoyed Heart of a Soldier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to everyone who stopped by and commented and thank you Tamara for a great post and for answering all the comments. :)

    ReplyDelete