Thursday, December 13, 2012

Reviewed: The Protectors: Damon by Teresa Gabelman...4 out of 5 rating...


Damon (The Protectors, #1)
Damon DeMasters is a vampire warrior who has taken an oath to protect his own kind as well as humans. As a social worker, Nicole Callahan fights for the right of every child placed in her care. Damon has been ordered to train Nicole and her colleagues against the dangers they now face. Even as sparks fly, Nicole and Damon depend on each other to protect the children of both races.
Damon is the first book that I have read from Teresa Gabelman and it was another book that came highly recommended to me. After reading I can totally understand why. Such a unique and interesting story. I loved it from the start. 

I found myself liking Nicole more than Damon and that is a rarity for me~because I normally drawn to the hero more than the heroine. lol  But Nicole was such a great character~funny, snarky, sweet, kind, caring, loving, smart, feisty, protective and a little bit kick~ass. I felt that I connected with her character more then Damon through out the story. I think that a big part of that was due to not really knowing a whole lot about Damon. Oh...no doubt...he was definitely sigh~worthy, but I needed him to open up a bit more. Definitely the strong~silent type!! lol  I also wish that he didn't deny his feelings for Nicole through most of the book. I wanted them to get their HEA so bad!! Especially Nicole, she had been through so much and was still such a compassionate character~I couldn't help liking her and rooting for her!! Damon's actions did make for a great ending and I'm hoping that I get to read more about them in Jared's book. Oh...Jared...he was so sweet and funny~just loved his character so much!! Looking forward to his book next and hoping also for more of Duncan and Sid.  Oh...I almost forgot about the HOT vampire sex~no biting by Damon unfortunately!! lol ;p

The story was such a unique one in the fact that there were children vampires. You usually don't see this in paranormal reads. I felt so bad for the one child vampire who was 6 years old and would forever have the body of a 6 year old, while his mind would continue to mature. Disturbing. Oh..I also loved the fact that Damon was the only vampire unable to read Nicole's mind. This led to some funny scenes between Jared and Nicole and Damon and Sid!! lol :) 

I didn't want this book to end. I was definitely left wanting more. This was another great read with great characters and was an awesome start to the series. I am certainly a HUGE fan of Teresa. She has such a wonderful ability to entertain you with her stories and characters.  Looking forward to more. Definitely recommend. 

4 out of 5 rating!! 

***Copy provided by Teresa Gabelman~Thank you so much!! 

          

  



No comments:

Post a Comment