Saturday, September 22, 2012

Reviewed: White Trash Beautiful by Teresa Mummert...

BLURB FROM GOODREADS:
"I’m not naive. I know I don’t get the happily ever after. My knight in shining armor took the highway detour around this god forsaken shit hole. I’ve made peace with that. That doesn’t mean I’m going to lay down like a doormat and let every cocky prick in the trailer park have his way with me."
Cass lives a depressing life in a small trailer park in Eddington, Ga with her mother and abusive boyfriend Jackson. She works hard to barely make ends meet. One day Tucker White, the lead singer in the band Damaged, walks into her diner. He tries to show her that there is more to life than the hand she has been dealt but being with Tucker will come at a high price.
This is my first book from Teresa Mummert. I had never heard of her or White Trash Beautiful before. But once I saw her Tweet about the book, I was hooked on the name alone~then I saw the cover~then I read the blurb and chapter one~then I saw that Teresa saw Adam Levine as Tucker and I was a goner!! ;) LOL I had to read it. So when Teresa contacted me about doing a review, I was all over it. 

White Trash Beautiful was so much more than I expected. I am having trouble putting my thoughts about the book into words. It was such a dark story filled with a ton of angst and brief glimpses of light through a romance of hope and love. This was not a fun or easy read and it was hard to read about Jax, Cass and Cass's mom. It was hard to see them struggle and to watch Cass try and hold everything, including herself, together.

Jax's character was just sad to read as was Cass's mother. I also felt bad in a way for Tucker, it just seemed like there was a whole lot of story waiting to come out about him that was going to be just as sad. I loved Tucker and I especially loved how he treated Cass. Cass, on the other hand, I didn't feel treated Tucker that great at all and I struggled with liking her character. She went back and forth with her feelings for Jax and Tucker and while I got it, it also made me just want to shake her. LOL 

I was a nervous wreck reading White Trash Beautiful because I kept waiting for something bad to happen. My heart ached through the sad and happy moments in this story. I wanted Tucker and Cass to get their HEA. 

White Trash Beautiful is another book that wore me out with all of the emotions that it brought out in me. I liked the ending and am thrilled to know that this is a series that will continue on with Tucker and Cass. I can't wait to read more about them and see how their relationship progresses. So, even though White Trash Beautiful was dark, edgy, emotional, and sad, I didn't want it to end!! I didn't want to leave Tucker and Cass. Definitely has a place in my keeper pile to be reread and I will definitely be looking for more from Teresa. 5 out of 5 rating.

***ARC provided by Teresa Mummert~Thank you so much!!




No comments:

Post a Comment