Thursday, September 13, 2012

Reviewed: Return To Willow Lake by Susan Wiggs...

Return to Willow Lake  (Lakeshore Chronicles #9)
Sonnet Romano's life is almost perfect. She has the ideal career, the ideal boyfriend, and has just been offered a prestigious fellowship. There's nothing more a woman wants - except maybe a baby.sister? When Sonnet finds out her mother is unexpectedly expecting, and that the pregnancy is high-risk, she puts everything on hold - the job, the fellowship, the boyfriend - and heads home to Avalon. Once her mom is out of danger, Sonnet intends to pick up her life where she left off. But when her mother receives a devastating diagnosis, Sonnet must decide what really matters in life, even of that means staying in Avalon and taking a job that forces her to work alongside her biggest, and maybe her sweetest, mistake - award-winning filmmaker Zach Alger. So Sonnet embarks on a summer of laughter and tears, of old dreams and new possibilities, and of finding the home of her heart. At once heartbreaking and uplifting, Return to Willow Lake plumbs the deepest corners of the human heart, exploring the bonds of family, the perils and rewards of love, and the true meaning of home.
I forgot how much I loved this series. Susan Wiggs has such a gift in the way she tells a story. She captures you through her lovable and interesting characters and with stories that are both entertaining and heartwarming. Most of the books in the Lakeshore Chronicles series even have a bit of mystery revolving around the characters and often flash back and forth between the past and the present. 
Return To Willow Lake was such an emotional read. It had everything that I have come to expect from a Susan Wiggs book and a lot more. The story was filled with romance, heartache, tears, laughter, some anxious moments, a little sexing (hehe!!) and characters that you wanted so badly to get the HEA that they deserved. 
I loved Sonnet and Zach!! And although their part in the story was sad, I loved seeing Nina and Greg again!!! They continue to be one of my favorite couples of the series. I only wish that Return To Willow Lake would have featured an update on all my other favorites. 
Oh, Susan definitely tugged on my heart~strings with Zach!! I just loved him!! He had such a craptastic life and he still turned into such a great guy. I loved how she wrote his character. I have always loved reading about Sonnet and Nina~they have such a wonderful relationship and have been through so much together.
Another great read with such great characters that when I finished, I wanted to reread the series from the beginning. Thanks Susan for another great addition to an already fantastic series that hopefully will not be the last. Return To Willow Lake has found its way into my keeper pile along with my other favorites of the Lakeshore Chronicles series. 5 out of 5 rating. Oh, I almost forgot, great epilogue!!! Love the cover on this one!!!!

***ARC provided by NetGalley and Harlequin~Thank you so much!!! :)



The Lakshore Chronicles Series Books 1 thru 8 / AMAZON
Summer at Willow LakeThe Winter LodgeDocksideSnowfall at Willow Lake
FiresideDocksideDocksideMarrying Daisy Bellamy

No comments:

Post a Comment