Monday, September 3, 2012

Reviewed: Colton Destiny by Justine Davis...

Colton Destiny
A series of kidnappings of Amish teenage girls hits too close to home for FBI agent Emma Colton. The dark violence of her world has touched the simple Amish community neighboring her hometown—and she's determined to make things right. Unfortunately, a forbidden attraction to Paradise Ridge's most eligible widower is a major step towardwrong.Carpenter Caleb Troyer doesn't expect to love again, especially an Englisher with her own haunted secrets. Protecting Emma is second nature as she fights to restore the peace in his home—and in his heart. But one false move could destroy everything. The closer she comes to finding his sister, the closer danger comes to finding them….


This is my first book from Justine Davis and it certainly will not be my last!! It feels wrong to say that I enjoyed this book considering the subject matter of the story, but I really did. I have always had a fascination with the Amish and I loved the concept of this story of a non-Amish woman and an Amish man falling in love. I loved Caleb with Emma and I was so routing for their HEA. Oh, and how could I not love Katie, Ruthie and Grace!!!  The part of the story that was difficult was reading about the abductions of the girls and in the end part of this plot is still unresolved. 
I am not sure how this is going to work since the rest of the books in The Coltons Of Eden Falls series are all by different authors. I can only hope that I get to see more of Caleb and Emma throughout the series.  Aside from that, Colton Destiny was a great way to spend a couple of hours and I can't wait to read Colton's Ranch Refuge, Colton's Deep Cover, and Colton's Showdown. I will also definitely be checking out more from Justine Davis. 
4 out of 5 rating. 

****ARC copy provided by NetGalley~Thank you!!!


The Coltons Of Eden Falls Series Books 2-4                                                                                           
Colton's Ranch RefugeColton's Deep CoverColton Showdown

No comments:

Post a Comment