Monday, May 7, 2012

Waiting For This New Release...


Excerpt from Season For Love by Marie Force:
In honor of all our new members and the unveiling of the new cover, I thought I'd share one of my favorite scenes from Season for Love, starring our old favorites Mac and Maddie, who have just gotten the "green light" to resume normal relations after the birth of their daughter Hailey. Mac is, to put it mildly, a bit anxious to get back in the saddle...

Maddie got home before Mac and made good use of the time. She changed into the white silk nightgown he’d bought her when they were first dating and covered it with the matching robe he’d given her for her birthday the following year. He’d given her everything, most importantly his love and devotion. Certainly, no woman had ever been so adored by her husband. He’d never been more attentive or solicitous as he’d been since she delivered their baby daughter in the midst of a tropical storm. 

She brushed her hair until it hung in soft, shiny waves on her shoulders and smoothed on some of the strawberry-flavored lip balm that had been known to make her dear husband a little crazy. Who was she kidding? Everything about her seemed to make him a little crazy, and she loved every crazy, over-the-top thing about him.

“Madeline! Where are you?”

“Show time,” she whispered in the mirror with a small, satisfied smile. At the top of the stairs, she looked down to find him on the sofa tearing at his work boots with hasty, fumbling movements. 

“Maddie!”

She bit her lip to keep from laughing at him and went down the stairs to sit next to him on the sofa. “You beckoned?”

He turned to her, and when he saw what she was wearing, his eyes got big. His mouth opened and then closed. “You’re stunning.”

“You’re dirty.”

“I know. I’m sorry. I’ll take a shower so fast I’ll be back before I’m gone.” He stole a quick kiss and headed for the stairs, stopping halfway up. “Where’re my children?”

“With my mother and Ned until dinner time.”

“God, I love you so much.”

Maddie laughed as he bolted up the remaining stairs and disappeared. She thought about going upstairs to meet him after his shower, but decided it would be far more fun to make him come after her. Sure enough, he came flying down the stairs less than five minutes later, with a towel wrapped around his waist, his dripping-wet hair standing on end and a small spot of blood on his chin from where he’d nicked himself shaving.

“You’re a mess,” she said, laughing as she held out her arms to him.

Smelling of soap and sexy man, he came down on top of her and sighed with relief when she hugged him. “I know. I can’t help it. Waiting for this day has made me nuts.”

She combed her fingers through his hair, attempting to bring some order. “Good thing I love you even when you’re a messy nut case.”

That drew a smile from him. “So what did David have to say?”

“Everything looks good.”

As she’d expected, he scowled darkly. “You’re damned right it looks good. I hate the idea of that guy having his face. . . there.”

Once again she held back a laugh at his ridiculousness. “He’s a doctor. Seen one, seen them all.”

“That’s crap. Yours is way better than most. I should know. I did a lot of shopping before I bought.”

“Mac!” She sputtered with laughter as she smacked his shoulder. “Oh my God! I can’t believe you said that! You’re outrageous. Don’t forget ‘that guy’ saved your daughter’s life.”

“I’ll never forget that, but it doesn’t mean I want his face in my wife’s hoo-ha.”

She squished his lips together before releasing them. “You really need to stop talking now.”

“Why? Is there something else you’d rather be doing?”

“Definitely.” She kissed him fully, deeply, letting him know exactly what she’d rather be doing.


Can't wait--love this series!! This is Owen and Laura's book!!


McCarthys of Gansett Island Series Books 1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment