Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Excerpt from Chasing Bliss by Sophie Oak...


Excerpt from Sophie Oak's upcoming new release Chasing Bliss. It should be out in late July or early August.  Gemma is going to end up with Jesse and Cade, the mechanics/vigilantes from Pure Bliss. They've decided to settle down and Gemma gets their motors running...


This is Caleb explaining his relationship to the new girl. Yes, he still has trouble communicating...
“I’ll help in any way I can.” His lips suddenly curled up. “And if you’re around for a while, maybe you can come to the wedding.”
Naomi’s face lit up. “You’re getting married?”
“Yeah.” Caleb frowned suddenly. “Well, I think I am. I mean, I am, but maybe not legally. No. Wait. Alexei’s got mob people after him and his real fake name is still Howard. I think it has to be me, right? And I have the money. And speak English. Well, mostly. Yeah. I’m signing the papers, but it’s Bliss, so we’re all getting married.”
“I am so confused.” Gemma tried to follow him, but it wasn’t happening. And she hadn’t had a damn drink yet.
The doctor tossed his hands up. “Absolutely. It’s weird, right? Except now I’ve had sex so many times with Alexei like right there that it feels weird when Holly and I do it alone. I mean, we do. Alexei works some late hours and I need to get my freak on, you know. But it’s weird. I can safely say that I never thought I would get married to a waitress and an ex-Russian mobster. Though I’m not married to Alexei. Right? There’s no sex and stuff so we’re no married. Fuck. I might be marrying Alexei. He gets his English really wrong. We could screw up and end up married to each other.”
Wow. That hadn’t cleared anything up. “So you and Holly and the hot Russian dude are getting it on?”
“It’s more than that. It’s a relationship.” The doc frowned. “Was I not supposed to say that? I thought it was cool since your mom grew up here. I struggle a little with when to not talk about it.”
Her mom had lived in Bliss as a kid. She’d lived here until she’d met Gemma’s dad and left town with him. Gemma had grown up hearing stories about this place. She’d heard stories about Stella and the Circle G and Mel, the Alien Hunter and Hiram and the bear.
Naomi laughed a little. “I think you should talk all night long, Doc. I’m fascinated by this place.”
The doctor flushed a little, and the ridiculously hot bartender slid him another round.
“Ladies, don’t tease the doctor. He has a rifle loaded with tranquilizer shots, and he’s not afraid to use it.”


provided by Sophie Oak's facebook page.


Nights In Bliss Colorado series  Books 1-6
Three to Ride (MFM)Two to Love (MFM)One to Keep (MF)Lost in Bliss (MFM)Found in Bliss (MFM)Pure Bliss (MFM)


I love this series and can't wait for this book!!!



2 comments:

  1. me too can't wait....love the new background!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds so good doesn't it!! I think I like it better then my original background. :)

      Delete