Monday, May 14, 2012

Currently Reading: Rock Chick Renegade by Kristen Ashley...



Jules has got a score to settle against the drug dealers of Denver. Vance has made it his mission that Jules won’t get dead while dishing out vigilante justice. Jules doesn’t have time for romance, she’s too busy saving the world and she enlists Zip (the gunstore owner), Heavy (an ex-PI) and Frank (a mysterious recluse) to help.

The Rock Chicks of Fortnum’s Bookstore get involved to provide romantic advice and guidance, none of which Jules accepts at first. The Hot Bunch of Nightingale Investigations adopt Jules as one of their own. Even though Jules tries to hang on to her inner Head Crackin’ Mamma Jamma, the Rock Chicks; Hot Bunch; Jules’s long-suffering Uncle Nick; Jules’s friend the rotund, African-American, Jackie-O wannabe, May; and especially Vance will stop at nothing to wear her down.


But Jules makes some bad guys pretty angry and one is dedicated to taking her out. Vance and the Hot Bunch have to pull out all the stops to keep her alive. At the same time, Jules and Vance learn the true meaning of home but once they find this precious entity they’ve been searching for all their lives, will Jules’s enemies tear it away?


2 comments:

  1. I can not wait to start reading this series. Under the Covers has an interview and give away with Kristen Ashley. It is awesome. Thought you might like it. I am a little sad Tack will be the last in the Dream Man series and the Last Rock Chick book is coming up. So I think I will wait to the last Rock Chick book and then start reading them.

    http://underthecoversbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/interview-and-giveaway-with-kristen.html?zx=cabd68e5d200f227

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link!!!! I am loving the Rock Chick series--although I have loved all the books I have read from Kristen Ashley so far!! :) I am sad Tack will be the last also--I love that series--but I can't wait for his book!!!

      Delete