Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday Favorites...

Friday Favorites is a weekly hop hosted by Satin's Bookish Corner.  The purpose is to tell who our favorite book character of the week is, this can be male or female and from any book that you like. Join the fun and check out other awesome blogs and their Friday Favorites!   


So my favorite this week is author Kristen Ashley.
Image of Kristen Ashley
Kristen's Biography:
I was born a middle class white child in Gary, Indiana, USA. One of the last of a dying breed. I nearly killed my mother and myself making it into the world, seeing as I had the umbilical cord wrapped around my neck (already attempting to accessorise and I hadn’t taken my first breath!). Mom says they took me away, put her back in her room, she looked out the window, and Gary was on fire (Dr. King had been assassinated four days before). She remembered thinking it was the end of the world. Quite the dramatic beginning.  Nothing’s changed.
All I’ve ever wanted to do was write (well, and be the Queen of the World, but you gotta start small) and I’ve published twenty-three books (shoo!), of which, six in the Rock Chick Series have been published, three titles in my Colorado Mountain Series, three titles in my 'Burg Series, two in my Dream Man Series and three in my Fantasyland Series. Not to mention, I've introduced readers to a genie, a ghost hunting duo and a SuperWitch. Considering I'm self-published and can write whatever I dang well please, I do. My writing is all over the place, I’ve written about Rock Chicks and Hot Bunch Boys (action, adventure, romance); ghosts, reincarnated lovers, genies, vampires and werewolves (my paranormal/ghost series); serial killers and stalkers; and parallel universes. You can learn about my titles that have been released or that are soon to be released in the Titles section of the website.
Even though I jump genres, there is always a theme to my books… humor (hopefully), engaging characters (again, hopefully) and romance (definitely).
My loves are movies, music, food and fashion and I partake of all of them as often as I can (the middle two more than the others, the former, which takes time I don’t often have and the latter, which takes money I rarely have). In fact, I love food so much, I like to share my good fortune so I put my recipes on offer for you on this page (see top menu and don't miss them, they're awesome!).
I am American but I live in the beautiful West Country of England with my two pookies, one is furry and feline, the other is less furry and human. I came to England by way of Denver, where I lived for twelve years, but I grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana. My family was (is) loopy (to say the least) but loopy is good when you want to write. My Mom moved us in with my grandparents when I was six (long story). My grandparents had a daughter much younger than my Mom so we all lived together on a very small farm in a small farm town in the heartland. I grew up with Glenn Miller, The Everly Brothers, REO Speedwagon and Whitesnake (and the wardrobes that matched). Needless to say, growing up in a house full of music, clothes and love was a good way to grow up.
And as I keep growing up, it keeps getting better.  So here I am, thank goodness.
Since SBC chose an author this week, I decided to do the same and show some love for one of my favorite authors.
I absolutely adore Kristen Ashley!! It is no joke that she has ruined me for all other authors!! And other books pale in comparison to hers!! Her books are some of the best that I have ever read!! Each book that I read of hers just draws me in deeper and deeper. She is the Master of the epilogue!! Other authors could learn from her epilogues. They are just that damn good!! 
Sweet Dreams was the first book that I read of hers and I was blown away. After reading it, I was addicted and on a mission to read all of her other books. LOL  I still LOVE Sweet Dreams but now after reading some of her other books, I find it difficult to choose a favorite--as there are many. They are just that damn good!!!
I am so glad that she was recommended to me as I was totally missing out on some fantastic books!! Kristen Ashley is truly gifted and I can't wait to read her next book!! :)
Now it's your turn!!

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Friday Favorites post, or share your answer in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!


Rock ChickRock Chick RescueRock Chick RedemptionRock Chick RenegadeRock Chick RevengeRock Chick ReckoningRock Chick RegretThe GambleSweet DreamsLady LuckMystery ManWild ManLaw ManFor YouAt PeaceGolden TrailGames of the HeartKnightMathilda, SuperWitchWildest DreamsThe Golden DynastyFantasticalPenmort CastleSommersgate HouseLacybourne ManorFairytale Come AliveHeaven and HellPlay It SafeUntil the Sun Falls from th...Three Wishes

Kristen Ashley website
Goodreads
Amazon

2 comments: