Monday, May 7, 2012

Lusting for Covers...

Untitled
Lusting for Covers is a weekly meme, held on Sunday, that allows bloggers to share their current cover obsession with fellow book lovers.  

Choose your own book cover that you've fallen in "lust" with in the past week. It can be new, old, a reprint, or even a book that is not yet out-- it's all up to you! If you find a cover that catches your eye, then showcase it on your blog, and let others see the pretty covers out there. 

(OPTIONAL): Besides posting the picture of the book cover you chose, it's nice to provide the book summary, title, author, or a website link for the book. It's not required, but it can help you readers' to add more books to their own list! A brief "Why I choose this cover" is also appreciated, but not required. 
                  This meme is hosted by TBQ @ TBQ's Book Palace.

Here's my candidate for the week: Divine Phoenix (Book #10 of the Divine Creek Ranch series) by Heather Rainier
Divine Phoenix (MFM)
Erotic Cowboy Ménage a Trois Romance, M/F/M, spanking, sex toys, HEA
Every woman wants a fairy-tale ending, but Lily Valentine has given up on that. Other women may get their happily ever after, but what she lives is more like a nightmare. Admitted loner Clay Cook has heard all the stereotypes about artists and even lived some of them. He struggles with his craft, wondering if his best work is behind him.
Mortally ill, Lily flees to Divine, barreling headlong into Clay’s life from the distant past. Clay’s brother Del returns from a lengthy deployment, suffering from deep trauma of his own, at a loss for how to move on from it. In an effort to remake herself, Lily unintentionally does more harm than good.
As Lily Valentine rises from the ashes of her former life, jealousy is sparked and danger comes calling. Will Clay and Del be able to save her when her old life tries to reclaim her?
Note: There is no sexual relationship or touching for titillation between or among siblings. (HEHE...)


Why I chose this cover:   I am a HUGE fan of Heather Rainier and I love the Divine Creek Ranch series.  I have to laugh because I don't know who designs the covers for Bookstrand books but some of them just crack me up, they are so cheesy looking!! LOL  That being said, I actually really like this cover. I think it's so sexy and I love that you can see her tattoo. I can't wait to read this book--I have been waiting for a while and it's release date is Friday, May 11th. WOO-HOO!!! 


Now it's your turn!! What cover are you currently lusting for? 


PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Lusting for Covers post, or share your ‘lust’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). I would love to see the cover you choose. Thanks!



Divine Creek Ranch Series Books 1-10 
Divine GraceHer Gentle Giant, Part 1: No RegretsHer Gentle Giant, Part 2: Remember to DanceHeavenly AngelRosemarySpurs and HeelsMayaSummerLydiaTheir Divine Doctor, A Holiday Ménage (MFM)Divine Phoenix (MFM)



6 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the covers -- some of them turn me off from even looking at the blurb of the book. I must say that the cover really is important and will turn me off from buying and possibly missing a really great book-
    Happy Monday, Chicka!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't see why authors/publishers don't pay more attention to the covers. The cover is so important -- it's advertising -- why wouldn't they want the best cover they could get??? I have bought several books due to the cover alone. LOL. :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I have missed so many good books because of the cover. Alot of books with bad covers have been recommended to me. I usually will not even look at the back of the blurb if cover is cheesy. I have not heard of this author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you, Heather Rainier only writes for Siren Bookstrand and I love her writing and this series!! Bookstrand has to have the worst covers I have ever seen!! It just cracks me up!! I am a very visual person so the book cover is important to me and does decide whether I will buy a book or not especially when it is a new author.
      Have a great week!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for participating in this week's L4C! :)

    I've seen my fair share of cheesy covers--and not just from this publisher. *SIGH* Its hard sometimes NOT to judge a book by it's cover, you know?

    But this one is actually pretty good--I almost didn't see her tattoo, had to scroll back up and find it! :) I'd take her place in a heartbeat between those two men.... yum!

    Thanks for sharing this one with us, I've never heard of this author/series before.

    Enjoy!
    TBQ
    TBQ's Book Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, I am happy to participate!! Bookstrand has some of the worst covers I have ever seen. Some just crack me up they are so cheesy!! It makes me wonder what they think when they release those covers--they have to know that they are bad!! LOL :) I noticed the tattoo because the author has been having pics of tattoos on her website in promotion of this book. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week!!

      Delete