Thursday, May 10, 2012

Reviewed: Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley...


Indy Savage, cop's daughter, rock chick and used bookstore owner, has been in love with Lee Nightingale, once bad boy, now the man behind Nightingale Investigations, since she was five years old. No matter what ingenious schemes Indy used to capture his attention, Lee never showed an interest and Indy finally gave up. Now Indy's employee, Rosie, has lost a bag of diamonds and bad guys are shooting at him. When Indy gets involved, Lee is forced to help. Complicating matters, Lee has decided he's interested, Indy's decided she's not. But she can't seem to keep Lee out of her life when she's repeatedly stun gunned, kidnapped and there are car bombs exploding (not to mention she's finding dead bodies).
Indy's best bet is to solve the mystery of the diamonds before Lee. Lee's challenge is to keep Indy alive and, at the same time, win back her heart.


What can I say--another awesome read by Kristen Ashley!!  This book pulled me in right from the very beginning. 
I was especially drawn to Indy--the trouble she gets into is so much fun to read.  I love her friendship with Ally and also Tex and Tod the Drag Queen neighbor.  And then there is Lee--I want my own Lee!!  I love the story between Indy and Lee how she has been in love with him since she was 5 and now that he is ready she is scared.  But Lee never gives up and keeps after her.  My favorite part is when she tells him that he is different and doesn't laugh anymore and he tells her that he is still the same but because she has been avoiding him he didn't have anything to laugh about because she is the one who made him laugh.  
I was shocked because this book didn't really have an epilogue. I will have to see how the rest of series plays out.  BEST OF THE BEST rating -- even without the epilogue!! 
BEST OF THE BEST


No comments:

Post a Comment