Monday, May 7, 2012

Reviewed: Wild Man by Kristen Ashley...

I know that I keep repeating myself with my Kristen Ashley book reviews, but she just overwhelms me with her stories!!! Saying that I LOVE these stories doesn't even give her writing justice. The books that I have read have been just so damn good!! And Wild Man is no exception--another OUTSTANDING addition!! 
I didn't think I was going to like this story due to Brock's character and I actually skipped this book and read Law Man.  So I was shocked when I read Wild Man and LOVED Brock almost from the beginning!!!  Now saying that, I didn't LOVE what he did to Tess in the prologue, he definitely was an asshat, but after that I totally fell in love with his BADASS ALPHA NASTY TALKING SELF!!!! LOL
I LOVED everything about this story!! Again Brock and Tess's characters were great together.
I LOVED her sweetness to his wildness--it made for a great story!!  I LOVED his crazy family and how their story weaved in throughout the book.  And of course I LOVED the epilogue!!  It was also great to get a little peak of Hawke and Mitch!! Oh and I also loved how Martha ended up and Levi too!! 
Another excellent addition and I give it BEST OF THE BEST rating!!  
Tack's book is up next and I can't wait!!! 
Wild Man (Dream Man, #2)
While filling her display case in her bakery, the bell over the door sounds and Tessa O’Hara looks up and sees the man of her dreams. Within thirty seconds he asks her out for a beer. Thirty seconds later, she says yes. But after four months of falling in love, she discovers he’s an undercover DEA Agent investigating the possibility she’s involved in her ex-husband’s drug business

Obviously Tess decides this means it’s over.

But DEA Agent Brock Lucas disagrees. A man on a mission who’s really committed to his job, he’s spent years in the underbelly of Denver with the dregs of society. And spending four months with Tess who’s as sweet as her cupcakes, he seriously enjoyed his job. But during Tess’s interrogation, Brock learns the devastating secret Tess is carrying and he’s determined to be the man who helps her heal as well as take her back as she walks on the wild side.

As wild and sweet mix, they face challenge after challenge of family struggling with history and terminal illness. Not to mention, Tess’s ex-husband, the drug lord and Brock’s ex-wife, who has a very big playbook are scheming to tear them apart.

But Brock Lucas has wild in him and once in his past on the trail of vengeance he let that wild loose, making a mistake that he would have no idea years later will put his sweet Tess in the position to pay his penance.

BEST OF THE BEST

No comments:

Post a Comment