Monday, January 14, 2013

Reviewed: Their Improbable Mating by Honor James...3 out of 5 rating...


Their Improbable Mating (Paranormal Protections Unit #3)
The operation was planned for every possible outcome, all but one—complete and total loss of communications. Jackie Sutter doesn't know if anyone is listening, doesn't know if they know where she is, and doesn't know if the cavalry is riding to the rescue. All she knows for sure is that she's suddenly up on the block, being sold in a black market auction to the sexiest man she's ever seen.
The mission is simple—get in and save the girls being sold off at a madman's whim. What Allister Fairbanks doesn't expect, what throws a wrench into it all, is finding the woman that is his bond-mate on display for all to see. All he has to do now is get her out, convince her they are fated to be together, and live happily ever after.
Never has a mission come with higher stakes. With their very happiness and future riding on the outcome, do they dare not try?
I loved how Their Improbable Mating started out. I had been wanting to read about Allister. This is the third book in the series and I am looking forward to more~especially Talon!! 

I loved how when Allister saw Jackie he immediately knew that she was his mate and how Jackie also felt a connection to him before she even knew anything about him. I loved that she just accepted their connection and him as a shifter without fighting him. Allister was so sweet with Jackie~especially in the beginning. This book was so funny. Honor writes with such a great sense of humor that has been a constant through out the series.  

Haha...I loved the scene with Jackie saying she had a shy pee-er~this made me laugh so much because I am always saying that about myself!! :) 

I loved reading about my favorite characters~Talon, Skittles, Aiden, Mac, Sully and Trey. And I am so happy now that Allister did not share a mate with Skittles because I liked him so much with Jackie.  Ugh...Aiden acted like a real ass~hat to Jackie in the beginning of this book~especially about the shortening of his and Allister's names. But he did make up for it and I really liked the friendship that developed between Jackie and him. They were so funny together. 

Their Improbable Mating story line with Aiden was one that I was not expecting. I was shocked about what happened to him. But I loved that he got his mate out of it and I absolutely loved who his mate is related to. I cannot wait to read what happens with that.  The epilogue was so cute but it did through me off because it was a year later. I am hoping that Aiden's story picks up from the ending and not the epilogue. 

Another good addition to the series. Honor keeps pulling me into her stories and leaving me wanting more. And I love that there isn't such a long time between the release of the books.  As I have said before, there are some things that I struggled with in the stories as well as with the characters but what I liked was enough to keep me interested and entertained to continue on with the series.  Skittle's book remains my favorite of the series so far. 

Thanks again to Honor for continuing to send me these books for review. I really appreciate it.    3 out of 5 rating!!

***Copy provided by Honor James.


  


2 comments:

  1. Love your review, love the cover and love the blurb. Hot damn got to add this to my TBR pile. Thanks for sharing sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure...let me know what you think about it when get a chance to read. :)

      Delete