Monday, June 4, 2012

Armchair BEA: Introductions First!!...

This is my first year participating in Armchair BEA and I'm so excited!!  Armchair BEA is a great way for all of us book bloggers who can’t attend Book Expo America in New York this week to still be involved from the comfort of our favorite chair!! All this week I will be posting in response to the daily themes for Armchair BEA. I hope that you can join me and I look forward to getting to meet new and old fellow bloggers!!! 
Monday's theme is Introductions First!  Participants were given a list of 10 questions and asked to answer at least 5 of them and visit as many other bloggers as possible, so that we can get to know each other a little better. 
Remember to Please turn off any word verification program you may have. It does tend to discourage comments. Then go visit and comment and have fun! When you are done, make sure to go back to Armchair BEA and leave a comment with how many participants you visited and said hi. Who knows? There may be a surprise for someone. Wink, wink! 


1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?


My name is Mariann and I'm from Woodbury Heights, NJ (about 20 minutes outside of Philadelphia and about an hour from the shore.)  I'm currently unemployed so that means in between looking for a job I spend my time reading, blogging, and wasting enormous amounts of time on Twitter and Facebook!! LOL  I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 12 years and we have a crazy Jack Russell named Belle. I have a Kindle and Nook but I still love to read paperback books and I always have a book in my purse!! :)


I have been blogging for just about 3 months and I love it!! It is a lot more work then I thought it was going to be but I still think it is worth it.  My blog is a constant work in progress!! 


I got into blogging to meet fellow addicted readers and authors and to discuss books I love and hated and find out what others are loving and hating.  I wanted to be able to interact more with authors that I follow and to be introduced to new authors. 


2. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?


I am currently reading Chaos Burning by Lauren Dane.  I won an ARC copy from her and am writing a review. She is a favorite author of mine and I have been waiting to read this book for a while--so I was very excited to win it!! 


Kristen Ashley was recommended to me by my blogger BFF and I am so glad she was because no lie she is my absolute favorite author and I am addicted to her books!! I started out reading Sweet Dreams and fell in love and each book I read after has just pulled me in further to the point that I am not sure I can choose a favorite. Although I will say that I just recently finished Motorcyle Man and that may be my favorite--LOVE Tack <3!!! ;) LOL


3. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.


Well it is no secret that as soon as you look at my blog my love of sexy men and puppies is revealed but mostly sexy men!! ;) LOL 


4. What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?


My favorite feature is definitely Sexy Man Of The Day and I just added Sexy Couples but I also like the Waiting For This New Release feature.


5. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?


Kristen Ashley definitely for the author!! I just think she is the best writer that I have ever read. She has the best epilogues in her stories. Every book that I have read of hers has been a favorite of mine. I would just like to be able to talk to her about her writing and were she gets her ideas for her SEXY BADASS ALPHA MEN!!  She also writes some of the best heroines I have ever read. Just love her books!! 


So there you have it. Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to meet me. I look forward to meeting you!! :) 

15 comments:

  1. Hey there! Welcome to Armchair BEA! I hope you have a blast this week!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Thanks for stopping by and welcoming me!! I am looking forward to this week!! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Mariann,

    Nice blog! I noticed you like Stacia Kane. I love Stacia Kane Downside Ghost series.

    Nice to meet you:D

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle,
      Thanks so much for stopping by and for following!! Nice to meet you--I will definitely return the favor and check out your site. Love Stacia Kane and Terrible!!! LOL ;) Have a great week!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi,
      Nice to meet you too!! Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week-- love your blog!!

      Delete
  4. Hi! Thanks for stopping by LIO!

    I've been recommended Kristen Ashley books for awhile, but have never picked one up! I'm always skittish trying a new author. Maybe I should bite the bullet. ;)

    Hope you have a great Armchair BEA this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda,
      You know it's funny because I was the same way when she was recommended to me because I had never heard of her or her books before and the covers are bad. So when I read Sweet Dreams I wasn't expecting that much but man I was blown away and every book since has been just as good. She is such a great writer with the best epilogues!! I love HEA and that is what she is all about!! :) thanks for stopping by - have a great week!! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Sabrina,

    Wow - I am fanning my face after checking out your blog, HOT! It is nice to meet you and thank you for stopping by my blog, and for the awesome eye candy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. And the compliment to my blog!! Mancandy is never bad!! LOL :)
      Have a great week!! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi,
    Thanks for stopping by. Yeah I love Kristen Ashley--I am so glad that she was recommended to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your puppy love posts! :)
    Have a great BEA week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make me curious about Kristen Ashley! I bet it'd be awesome to meet any of your fav authors for dinner. And you sure do have some sexy men here... ;)

    Nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by earlier! I'm all late since real life got in the way, but catching up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I hate it when real life gets in the way of my reading and blogging!!!! I happens way to much!! LOL :)

      Delete