Saturday, August 17, 2013

Review: Live For You by Marquita Valentine...4 out of 5 Rating...


17203683
On the surface, twenty-two year old Cole Morgan is exactly what any girl would be proud to take home to meet her parents: He’s charming, intensely handsome and goal-oriented...Only he has some secrets of his own, which include provoking bar fights and a former drug-addict of a mother slowly wasting away in a medical facility. 

At barely twenty, Violet Lynn is Country Music's hottest star, until one night of partying gets out of control. Violet ends up in jail and on TMZ. Suddenly, she’s the girl least likely to be invited anywhere. Sick of the drama and keeping secrets, she runs away from the prying eyes of the paparazzi to her grandmother’s home in Forrestville, North Carolina.

A chance meeting knocks Cole off his feet, but he doesn’t recognize Violet for who she is. In fact no one does and Violet plans to keep it that way. 

Circumstances, however annoying,keep throwing Violet and Cole together. Unable to stop themselves they give into the inevitable.

But when Nashville is ready to forgive and forget, Violet is forced to choose between Cole and claiming her spot as the new and improved Princess of Country Music.

Will Violet and Cole have the courage to live for their dreams...Or their hearts?


Marquita is another of my favorite authors and it has been a while since I had the pleasure of reading one of her books so I was definitely looking forward to Live For You. She has the unique ability to capture my interest right from the start with her characters and story lines. And Live For You was no exception. 

I was immediately interested in Cole and Violet. Wow...Marquita really puts this couple through the emotional ringer~especially Cole. UGH...his mother was  truly an evil bitch~that scene when she comes to the house just about killed me. I just wanted to wrap him up in my arms.  Oh...his tattoos...I loved that they were sayings and not just pictures or designs.  I just wanted to lick him all over~he was such a sexy tattooed badass!! lol ;) Marquita really got me with his character and I just loved everything about him and I was so happy with the ending and his HEA.  He need such a special heroine to take care of him and give him the love and support and strength that he had been denied and so desperately deserved. I loved that he found that in Violet.  Such a great couple. Cole is definitely on of my favorite heroes from Marquita. I only wish there was more of them because they were still so young and there was still so much story left to tell for him and Violet.  There were some great secondary characters that I fell in love with~Parker, Kelly, Wyatt, Lacie and Beau. So good!! 

This book is a perfect example of why I enjoy Marquita's writing so much. A great story with fun, lovable, real characters and hot, emotional sex scenes and laughter, tears, love and especially a HEA. I am so looking forward to more in this series and hopefully more of Violet and Cole. 

***ARC provided by Marquita Valentine~Thanks!! :)

        

  

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more, Mariann, so glad to hear you liked this one, too! :)

    Enjoy!
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete