Sunday, August 25, 2013

Review: The Hero by Robyn Carr...Best of the Best Rating..



17348314
In a moment of desperation, Devon McAllister takes her daughter and flees a place where they should have been safe and secure. She has no idea what is around the next bend, but she is pretty certain it can't be worse than what they've left behind. Her plan is to escape to somewhere she can be invisible. Instead, an unexpected offer of assistance leads her to Thunder Point, a tiny Oregon town with a willingness to help someone in need.

As the widowed father of a vulnerable young boy, Spencer Lawson knows something about needing friendship. But he's not looking for anything else. Instead, he's thrown his energy into his new role as Thunder Point's high school football coach. Tough and demanding to his team, off the field he's gentle and kind...just the kind of man who could heal Devon's wounded heart.

Devon thought she wanted to hide from the world. But in Thunder Point, you find bravery where you least expect it...and sometimes, you find a hero.
I have been not so patiently waiting for this book since reading The Newcomer. I was left with several unanswered questions and I couldn’t wait to read more about Spencer and all of my other favorite characters.

I’m so addicted to this series and each book keeps getting better and better. Even though I loved the other books in the series, this is definitely my favorite so far. I’m hoping that the series continues as I am not nearly ready to leave Thunder Point and these fun lovable characters.

I loved Cooper and Sarah - their story was so sweet and funny and I was so happy with the way things turned out for them. I also loved Mac and Gina, although, they didn’t have that much of a storyline in this book. LOVED LOVED LOVED Devon and Mercy. Devon’s story was so unique and unexpected that I was pulled right in. I loved the relationship that Devon and especially Mercy had with Rawley~so cute. And Of course, I loved her and Spencer as a couple. Even more so after he stopped being an asshat!! lol But he so made up for it in the end. I just loved the ending!!

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for books for the Dr. and especially for Eric (just love him) as they each deserve their HEA as well.

There is so much to love about this series and I am so looking forward to more.

***ARC provided by NetGalley.  Thanks :)

         

  

No comments:

Post a Comment