Sunday, August 25, 2013

Review: Hot Blooded by Amanda Carlson...4 out of 5 Rating...


13594842
It hasn't been the best week for Jessica McClain.

Her mate has been kidnapped by a Goddess hell-bent on revenge --- but Jessica is playing for keeps.

Because she's the only female werewolf in town...it comes with its own set of rules...and powers.

Aided by two vamps, two loyal Pack members, and one very reluctant human, Jessica must rescue her man while coming to terms with what being a wolf really means.

All in a day's work for a girl.

The second novel in the Jessica McClain series is a full on action adventure featuring one angry Goddess and plenty of monsters, demons, and a few newly risen beasties...


I’m a HUGE fan of this series. I LOVE Rourke and Jess as well as Danny, Tyler, James, Nick, Marcy and Callum. Such great characters that feed such a well written and entertaining series. I was so happy to read them all return in Hot Blooded and I am even more looking forward to Cold Blooded. I am in need of my Rourke fix. lol

I was slightly disappointed that Rourke didn’t have more of an active role in this story especially since I love him and Jess as a couple and wanted to read more about them together. But it was still a great read as the other characters filled his missing spot with so much fun and excitement throughout their mission to get him back. I love the camaraderie between these characters. It was so great to get to know them a little better. I’m hoping for a lot more Jess and Rourke time in Cold Blooded.

I cannot wait to read what happens to Ray ~ this was such an unexpected turn and so good!!.  Oh...Naomi...I also can’t wait to read about how Jess’s help will impact her in the future~especially with her Queen and if anything comes from her closeness with Danny. *crossesfingers*  Of course I also can’t wait to read what happens with Marcy.

I love how Jess went after Rourke and never gave up even against the most dire of odds. She is such a great character ~ strong, smart, caring, funny and definitely feisty. She is so much fun to read.

Hot Blooded was a great addition to an already great series and I am so looking forward to more.

***ARC obtained per NetGalley.

       

  

No comments:

Post a Comment