Saturday, August 17, 2013

Review: Eli's Honor by Amy Gregory...5 out of 5 Rating...


Book #3
How can you miss something you never had? 

Retired pro motocross racer Eli Hunter had it all. That’s how he chose to look at things. A sport he loved, one that his entire world revolved around. He had been catapulted to rock star status and Eli drank in every minute of it. He loved the bikes, the tracks, the practices, sweat, hard work, training, dirt, rain, hundred degree heat, Eli loved it all. Even…when it almost killed him.
Coming full circle, Eli now was part owner and trainer at The Noland SFH Racing Academy. Spending his time teaching future racers about a sport he adored, helping to form them into what he once was. The academy saved him from himself, saved him from a depression that could have sent him on a freefall. For the last three years Eli focused on two things, the academy and his broken body. Spending all day, every day building both up, and thinking of nothing else. The end result, the school had taken off, and he could walk. 
It wasn’t until he sat across from a prospective student and his young widowed mother that Eli realized exactly what had been missing in his otherwise complete life. Eli had been witness to his best friends Carter and Jesse, watching as they found women that made them whole. He hadn’t had time to miss that for himself, not when walking again had been so important. Not when proving the doctors wrong by putting his butt back in the seat of a bike had been monumental.
But now? Those long auburn curls and shy violet eyes were the answer to his unspoken prayers.
I'm a HUGE fan of this series and of Amy Gregory. She has such a great way of telling a story. After reading Eli's Honor and finding out the name of his heroine, the title was perfect and I loved it!! Oh...I also love the new covers for the series. 

I was so happy to see all of my favorite characters return and especially a few new ones ~ Alex and Jack!! :) Alex was adorable especially with Dallas~just loved their relationship. So cute. 

Eli *sigh*  His character snuck up on me in this book and caught me totally off guard in the way that I fell for him from the very first page. In the previous books he was always more in the background and didn't really make that big of an impression on me but in Eli's Honor...WOW!!! He was so sweet and caring and funny and sexy~loved the tattoos. I loved how easily and naturally the relationship formed between Dallas and him. And I absolutely loved the relationship that developed between Honor and him. Such a great couple. I loved the way he treated her. It was so sexy that he wanted her from the beginning and went about making her his. And I loved the way Honor took care of him in return. 

Once again Amy wrote a book that totally entertained me from start to finish. Reading Eli's Honor made me want to go back and reread the series. I have to say that I love the direction Amy has taken this series in the natural progression of the guys starting the academy and having everyone participating and living on the property like one big family. So good!! Eli's Honor was great addition to a series that just keeps getting better and has me so looking forward to more. 

***ARC provided by Amy Gregory~Thanks...it was my pleasure to read!! :) 

        

No comments:

Post a Comment