Monday, November 19, 2012

Reviewed: Razing Kayne by Julieanne Reeves...

RAZING KAYNE
For two years, State Trooper Kayne Dobrescu has wanted only one thing: to understand why his wife inexplicably killed their children and then herself. Memories haunt his days and lay siege to his nights, leaving him questioning his reasons for living.Jessica Hallstatt became a widow and single mother the night her firefighter husband died in a fiery explosion at an accident scene. While her husband may have died a hero, he left Jessica with deep emotional scars that haven't begun to heal. 
When Kayne accepted a transfer to the mountain town of Payson, Arizona, he never expected to meet anyone like Jessica. From the moment he pulled her over for speeding, he was drawn in by her whiskey colored eyes and sassy dimple. But she and her children are a forever type package, and he's vowed never to give anyone the power to destroy him again. Yet fate has other ideas, throwing Kayne and Jessica together in a fight against an unknown enemy to save the life of a child—and hopefully one another.
Warning: Contains graphic language, explicit sex and one very hot man in uniform.
I have stated before that my addiction to reading started after reading The Twilight Saga. I had no idea such truly AWESOME authors and books were out there that would continue to feed my addiction. I have my favorite authors that have me anxiously waiting for each new release. And since I started my blog, I have been introduced to such a wide variety of books and new-to-me authors that I would have never found otherwise.  One such author is Julieanne Reeves. I was thrilled when Julieanne contacted me after seeing that I added Razing Kayne to my Goodreads TBR pile with the offer to read and review her debut novel.

I had no idea how totally and immediately consumed I would be by this book!! I didn't want it to end and I found it difficult to put down to perform vital necessities!! lol  I was never able to come to a point where I could put it down and get things done~I had to finish it~I was so invested in the story and characters that I had to know if Kayne and Jessica found their HEA!! I can honestly say that I am obsessed with Razing Kayne. lol  Oh...I LOVE this cover!!! Julianne definitely gained a HUGE HUGE fan in me with this book!! 

Kayne *sigh* Oh...Kayne...he was such an awesome character. He was a sexy, charming, broken, loyal, tortured, caring, loving, sweet, cocky, strong, uniform wearing (State Trooper), SEX GOD!!!! lol ;p If I hadn't fell in love with him in the beginning of the prologue or in the heartwarming scenes with the kids (especially the toe nail painting scenes *sigh*), I definitely would have fallen in love with him during those HOT~SWEATY~STEAMY~INTENSE sex scenes!!! lol ;p I definitely want a Kayne of my own. The things he said and did for Jessica~swoon worthy!!!  I loved Jessica just as much.  Her character was so sweet and caring and broken that I rooted for her to find her HEA with Kayne!! :)

The story and characters grabbed me from the beginning and would not let go. Razing Kayne had everything that I look for and love in a book and it was my pleasure to read!!  I love the way Julieanne writes and I am definitely looking for more from her. I can't wait for the next book in this series. We get a hint of about Nick's story in the epilogue and it sounds like it's going to be a good one. I am so interested in the stories of Rafe, Trace, Ondrej, Joe, and Mark and am crossing my fingers that they each get their own books and we get to see more of Kayne and Jessica and those adorable kids!! :)

Razing Kayne is made of pure AWESOMENESS!! ;)

BEST OF THE BEST rating!!! Definitely in my keeper pile to be reread!!

***ARC provided by Julieanne Reeves~Thank you so much!!

Julieanne Reeves Website
Goodreads
Barnes and Noble
AMAZON

***20% of all net-proceeds from e-book sales between Nov 19, 2012 and Feb 19th, 2013 will go to Payson Community Kids a non-profit for "at risk" youth children in the real life town of Payson, Arizona; the inspiration and setting for my Walking A Thin Blue line police series.   



***Nick's book is scheduled for Apirl 2, 2013 (Nick of Time) and Trace is October 2013 (Without a Trace). WOO-HOO!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment