Friday, November 16, 2012

Reviewed: On Dublin Street by Samantha Young...BEST OF THE BEST rating...

On Dublin Street
Jocelyn Butler has been hiding from her past for years. But all her secrets are about to be laid bare…Four years ago, Jocelyn left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Scotland, burying her grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without attachments. Her solitary life is working well—until she moves into a new apartment on Dublin Street where she meets a man who shakes her carefully guarded world to its core.
Braden Carmichael is used to getting what he wants, and he’s determined to get Jocelyn into his bed. Knowing how skittish she is about entering a relationship, Braden proposes an arrangement that will satisfy their intense attraction without any strings attached.
But after an intrigued Jocelyn accepts, she realizes that Braden won’t be satisfied with just mind-blowing passion. The stubborn Scotsman is intent on truly knowing her… down to the very soul.
OMG.....I don't even know where to start. There is not a rating high enough to give On Dublin Street!!!  I ABSOLUTELY FREAKING LOVED EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING about this book!!! On Dublin Street is a another perfect example of why I continue to find reading so addictive!! 

Samantha Young just blew me away with this exceptionally well written and heart warming story and characters. I instantly immersed myself in it and I didn't want to ever come up for air. I never wanted to leave this world created by Samantha and the only way that I could tear myself away was knowing that I would be able to return to it again and again.  Just a truly wonderful story with such lovable characters that I wanted to see get their HEA!!  I only wish that I was able to read Braden's POV also. 

I have had the pleasure of reading some great books by some truly fantastic authors and Samantha Young and On Dublin Street have definitely earned their place among them. On Dublin Street has quickly become one of my favorite books, if not the favorite that I have read!! :)

I have to say it again because it bares repeating~I LOVED EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING about this book!!

Braden *sigh* Oh...Braden.  He is definitely one of my favorite heroes!! I fell head-over-heels in love with him from the moment he came on the page and my love for his character never faltered!! (cheesy~I know but still true!!) He was everything that I wanted him to be~sexy, HOT, charming, arrogant, confident, funny, loving, protective, caring, vulnerable, slightly wounded, sweet, playful and he had a Scottish accent~I couldn't ask for anything more. And Joss...I actually loved her character. She was sweet, funny, sarcastic, caring, and a little broken. I thought she was a great character and I love how Samantha wrote her. I love that Joss knew she had issues and sought out help instead of ignoring the problems. How she progressively grew stronger and was able to confront her demons. I understood her character and why she acted the way she did. I LOVED Braden and Joss together and wanted them to get their HEA so bad!! He was always there for her and never gave up on her no matter what she did~loved that!! :) I loved their interactions with each other and especially how they first met!! lol :)

Oh...Ellie~she was another great character and I definitely needed to see her get her HEA also!! She was a great addition to the story. 

On Dublin Street had romance, love, tears, laughter, a little angst, a little conflict, HOT STEAMY sex scenes(WOW!!) with the perfect amount of HEA!!  Thank you Samantha for writing a book that captured my heart and left me wanting more.  Definitely a keeper to be reread and I am looking forward to reading more from Samantha Young. She gained a HUGE HUGE fan in me!! This is one book that I have no problem recommending!!

I am so glad that I read On Dublin Street~It left me so happy at the end!! :)

BEST OF THE BEST rating!!!

***ARC provided by NetGalley and Penguin Group Berkley, NAL~Thank you so much!! :)


2 comments:

  1. I just finished this book last night and it's just awesome! My cousin read it and told me every day that I had to read it. I don't care for first person books. In fact the only ones I've been able to get past the first chapter in are the Odd Thomas books by Dean Koontz. I didn't have high hopes for On Dublin Street but was going to read it just for my cousin. OMG!!! I didn't want it to end!! I'm totally crushing on Braden! I can' not wait to read more adult books from Samantha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I totally agree. I saw all the reviews for this one and I put off reading it because I wasn't really sure that I would like it. Usually, I stay away from books that get to much hype (ex. 50 Shades). Oh...I am so glad that I read this book. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Braden~he was the best hero!! ;) This book is definitely a favorite of mine!!! I saw on Samantha's website that she is writing a second book to On Dublin Street but I can't find anywhere that says who it will be about. But no matter~I'm totally in!! LOL :) Thanks for stopping buy. Have a great weekend!! :)

      Delete