Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Teaser Tuesday...


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. This meme is simple and fun, you just pick up your current read, flip to a random page, and choose 1 or 2 teaser sentences to share! Here are the guidelines:
  • Grab Your Current Read
  • Open to a random page
  • Pick two “teaser” sentences from that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO SHARE SPOILERS! (make sure what you share doesn’t give too much away. You don’t want to ruin the book for other readers)
  • INCLUDE the TITLE & AUTHOR too, so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR and wish-lists! If possible, add the page number.
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!

Today’s teaser comes from  Beneath The Surface by Joya Fields, published by The Wild Rose Press. This is the first book that I have read from this author.  I found her in the RT Book Reviews magazine, May issue. I just started, but I really like it so far!!

So here is my teaser: 


He turned, swung his leg over the bike, and started the engine. "Sit behind me...wrap both arms around my waist and relax," he hollered over the engine. "I'll go slowly." (12% Kindle)


   

She’s fighting to stay independent — he’s determined to protect her no matter what...
Brooke Richards survived the earthquake that took her parents and most of her leg, but she needs time to regroup. A trip to Florida for a state-of-the-art prosthesis and to visit her best friend Linda seems ideal.
But the trip turns traumatic when Brooke witnesses Linda’s boat disintegrating in a fiery explosion.
Police Officer Garrett Ciavello believes the blast was intentionally set to hide something Linda found on a dive. When Brooke offers her expertise in underwater archaeology, Garrett accepts her help with the investigation. But since his fiancée’s death years ago, Garrett has become overprotective, and as they are drawn to each other, Garrett realizes he will risk anything to keep Brooke safe.
Brooke is fiercely independent. Garrett is fiercely protective. Will they heal each other’s wounds and find a killer... before it’s too late?


Any teasers to share this week?


I found Teaser Tuesday at Book Savvy Babe

11 comments:

  1. A very entertaining teaser! When I read the bit about starting the engine, I thought to myself, "Who's engine?" ;)

    Wanna check out my Teaser?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renae,
      Thanks for stopping by. I checked out your Teaser, sounded so good that I am adding it to my TBR. I am glad you liked mine. Nice to meet you!!

      Delete
  2. I'm curious, especially after reading the synopsis too!

    How are you liking it so far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda,
      Thanks for stopping by. Like I said, I had never even heard of this author before. I really like the book so far even though I am not that far along. She also has one other book that I am going to read after this one. You should check out her website.

      Delete
  3. Wow that sounds interesting. I might have to add this book. I mean hot guy and bike! Sounds like a winner.
    Amanda @ Sisters Unedited

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda,
      Thanks for stopping by. Hot guy and bikes are my two favorite things in books!! I really like the book so far. I would definitely read the other book she has out.

      Delete
  4. I would definitely read this in a heartbeat! Great teaser! Very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI,
      Thanks so much!! The book is really good so far. You should definitely check it out!! Thanks for stopping by and for following. :)

      Delete
  5. I loved this book so much! It is a great read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really interesting! I am going to have to add it to my wishlist.

    My Teaser is from UNRAVELING.


    BTW: Thanks for visiting my Teaser last week - I'm a new follower of your blog - and GO PHILLIES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenna,
      Thanks for stopping by and for following me. I'll check out your teaser. It was nice to meet you and it was just funny to see that you like the Phillies also!! :)

      Delete