Friday, March 23, 2012

18 and Over Book Blogger Follow...




18 & Over Book Blogger Follow is a weekly feature that begins on Fridays and runs through the weekend, hosted by Crystal from Reading Between The Wines.  This is a Friday blog hop with the objective to find and visit other book blogs that share the same interests as you, namely books geared towards the 18 & over crowd, and make some new friends!


Question of the Week:
Do you ever dream about the books you've read?

Definitely!!  That is the joy of reading for me, to escape into another place or time and lose myself in the characters and the story.  There are so many authors who are very good at telling a story, that the people, places and events that happen stick with you long after the book is finished!!  I especially like it when I dream of an alternate ending or replace myself with the heroine. LOL  ;)    I dream a lot about an alternate ending for Marking Time by Marie Force.  It didn't end the way I wanted for two of the characters. ( I am still hoping that she redeems herself and writes a follow-up story for them. (**cough-cough R&K**). 

Usually I dream about the book I am reading or have just finished. I don't know what that says about me, considering most of the books I read are by Lauren Dane, Maya Banks, Sophie Oak, Heather Rainier, etc... hehe!! 


Now it's your turn, do you dream about the books that you read?

14 comments:

  1. You seem to have nice dreams where as mine are just weird.

    Thank you for stopping by Claire's Book Corner I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That profile picture of the cat is too funny!! Thank you for following me and believe me not all my dreams are sane and make sense. I am as crazy as the next person!! lol :)...

      Delete
    2. I totally get the read to escape. That is my number one reason why I do. I love thinking about different endings and twists. It's when an author does something unexpected that I love it.

      I had a hard time with Maria Force as well. Have you read Flat-out Sexy by Erin McCarthy? I see you know Jaci Burton. Her books have some drool worthy covers!

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my page. Just followed you as well.

      Amanda @ Sisters Unedited

      Delete
    3. Hi Amanda,

      Don't get me wrong about Marie Force, I am a HUGE fan of her books, I just hated what she did to those two characters! :( Thank you for stopping by and following me. It is nice to meet you. I love love love Erin McCarthy's books. She is one of my favorite authors!! I have read that book but I am behind in the series. I love that the two of you share the blog!! I was addicted to books first and then I sucked my sister into the craziness with me!! LOL I haven't convinced her to join me on my blog yet. It is a lot of work getting it started. But it has been fun!! Thanks again :)

      Delete
  2. hi! I'm now following you through Twitter :) Great answer, I'll have to check out Marking Time, it sounds like great read
    Mine
    http://www.salaciousreads.com/2012/03/18-over-book-blog-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharonda,
      I am following you now on your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine and following me also. UGHHH... Marking Time. If you have never read any of Marie Force, give her a try. Not only is she a great writer but her books are a bargain. They are around 2.99. The Fatal series has to be my favorite from her. I highly recommend her books!!
      Thanks again.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Em,
      Thanks for stopping by. I am new to the 18 and Over Blogger Follow and my blog is less then a month old. It is nice to meet you! I checked out your site and am now following you. I liked your answer also. :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Mariann!!

    I'm Nikki from Close Encounters of the Night Kind...Thanks for stopping by!! LOL...I really would love to star in a hot dream with one of my paranormal boyfriends (Like Barrons from KMM books...yummm) but it hasn't happened...I always end up with the fight sites or a crucial nonsexual moment in the book ...*sigh* Heres hoping!! Love your site and welcome to the blogging world and the hop!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Hi Nikki,
      Thanks for following and stopping by my site. I am following you also and I love your site, too!! I think I am going to have to break down and read KMM. I feel like I'm missing out on Barrons!! I haven't been reading as much cause I have been trying to set up my blog, so I have not been dreaming about my pretend book boyfriends as much !! LOL.
      Nice to meet you!! :)

      Delete
  7. That's awesome, I wish I could remember my dreams after I wake. I know I have dreamed about certain books and characters but once I wake up all the details disappear. :(
    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crystal,
      LOL...maybe you should start reading the books that I read!! :)
      Thanks for following. It was a lot of fun participating in the follow!! I love your site. Thanks again

      Delete