Thursday, September 11, 2014

Book Spotlight: Tagan's Child by Amelia Ford...




A captivating love story about one woman’s struggle to protect, let go and love.

The day after the first anniversary of her sister’s death, twenty six year old Sophie McAllister is paid an unexpected visit from a handsome stranger who delivers some disturbing news about her eight year old nephew and ward. Just when Sophie thought her life was getting back on track, she is forced to put her trust in a man with an extraordinary secret. She begins a perilous journey that not only threatens everything she holds dear, but also challenges her innermost fears. Does Sophie have the courage to defy her enemies, face her fears and open her heart to a man who promises a future that is out of this world?





He was tall and wore dark jeans and a dark jacket.  His collar was turned up and his hands were pushed hard into his pockets in a gesture against the cold.  
“Can I help you?” I said with a cheeriness I didn’t feel.
“I’m looking for Sophie McAllister,” he replied in an accent I struggled to place.  I looked up into his face.  He didn’t look like my idea of a homicidal maniac, in fact far from it.  Sandie had been right, he was spectacularly good-looking.  His hair was fair and very short, he had a well-defined brow and his jawline was angular.  All in all, pretty breath-taking.  I found myself staring at him struggling to assimilate the oxygen I was drawing into my lungs.
 “Do you know where I could find Ms McAllister?” he repeated, interrupting my appraisal of his not inconsiderable good looks.  
“Um yes, I’m Sophie McAllister,” I replied breathlessly.  Get a grip!  He might be a fine example of a man but that didn’t mean he was any less inclined to do me harm, he could probably throttle me with one hand.  “Can I help you?” I asked again.  
He offered his hand for a handshake and I flinched at the sudden movement.  
“My name is Ahran Elessar.”  
His hand was as warm as mine was cold.
“Are you the legal guardian of the boy?”



Amelia Ford Author

I’m Amelia Ford and I have just written my first novel, romantic suspense, ‘Tagan’s Child’.  I live in Kent in the UK with my husband and 3 children, 3 horses, 6 chickens and two dogs, which, together with a passion for writing, makes for a pretty hectic life! But as mad as life is, I wouldn’t change a thing!




No comments:

Post a Comment