Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Book Spotlight: The Dark Light of Day by T. M. Frazier...SALE...$0.99 until 9/26...



"This book took me on a crazy, emotional, gritty ride and I loved the whole thing. I couldn't put it down and didn't want to stop reading."- 
Aestas Book Blog

"...there is a beauty that is forming each step of the way. Sometimes ripped away, just as we're beginning to feel better, and yet... in the background it continues to grow and shed light over their darkness."- 
Maryse's Book Blog

"To the end of the book it kept me guessing... and when a book isn't predictable or following a trend, that's a book I want to read."- 
Mistress L, S&M Book Obsessions


Abby has been through hell and has survived one of the most brutal childhoods imaginable…barely. 

To the outside world she is just a loner with an attitude. 

When her grandmother dies in a tragic explosion, Abby is left with questions-and nothing else. 

Homeless, sleeping in a junkyard, and on the run from a system that has failed her over and over again, she meets Jake, a tattooed blue-eyed biker with secrets that will rival her own. 

Two broken souls that can't be healed. They can't be saved.

Abby & Jake must reveal to one another their most guarded secrets and discover if they can embrace the darkness those secrets hold-and the shadows within themselves. 

If they can accept one another for who they really are, they might be able to learn that love isn’t always found in the light.

*stand alone novel, HEA in a twisted kind of way, no cliffhangers, no sequel*

Warning: This is not your typical love story. This is the story of Abby & Jake, and although it contains love, the way they get there contains disturbing situations, graphic violence, sex, strong language, drug use, and all types of abuse. This book is for mature audiences 17+. 





HURRY....$0.99 SALE ends 9/26.



“You know him, Abby?” Owen asked me.
“Not really,” I said. “We’re just sort of chatting.”
“You don’t want to chat with the likes of him,” Owen said. “He
may be from around here, but he ain’t like us.”
“That makes two of us,” I said quietly, as I downed the last of
my beer.
“What was that?” Owen asked.
“Nothing.” I stood up. “Nothing at all.” I swayed. It took me a
second or two to find my footing. Again, I hiccupped.
Oh, great.
Jake stood and turned to me like he was going to help me steady
myself. I made sure to put distance between us. Owen held out another
red cup.
“I think she had enough, man,” Jake said. Their gazes locked. I
swore I could see a heat wave of anger rising between them.
Owen put the cup in my hand despite Jake’s warning.
The two men stared down each one another like cage fighters
preparing for a match. They were both about the same height, but
Jake was blonde with light features and dressed like a member of Hell’s
Angels, while Owen’s dark hair and green eyes stood in contrast to
his All-American jeans-and-white t-shirt style.
Just as I thought they would pummel each other, another wayward
hiccup escaped my mouth. I suddenly felt as if I would be sick. I leaned
over the log and almost fell, but I steadied myself before anyone tried
to help me. “I see those drinks are working,” Owen said.
“Nope. Not working.”
“How are they not working?” Owen asked. Jake wasn’t touching
me, but I could almost feel his presence beside me.
“I still remember how much my life sucks.” It was an honest answer,
but one I wouldn’t have given nine beers or so earlier.
“Then, let’s get you some more,” Owen offered, gesturing to his
truck. The lightness was back in his voice. The tension from a second
ago was gone.
“Don’t you think you’ve had enough, Abby?” Jake chimed in.
Alissa appeared from behind him and wrapped her arms around his
waist. She peeked out past his shoulder. She looked scared, as she
should have been. I had half a mind to throw her into the fire. Jake
unwrapped her arms, separating himself from her. She looked offended,
but he didn’t seem to care. He took a step toward me.
Owen started to say something, but I interrupted him. I didn’t need
him to answer my questions for me. “Nope. Not nearly enough,” I
answered. I tried not to slur, but I was pretty sure I had.
The look on Jake’s face looked a lot like concern. For me? I chalked
that one up to the alcohol. There was no way the same man—the
stranger—who’d pulled a gun on me less than 24 hours ago was in
any way concerned for my well-being. “You and Alissa have fun,
okay?” I may have placed too much emphasis on her name, as if it
tasted bitter in my mouth. He paused to look into my eyes for what
felt like hours before looking from me to Owen. Finally, he shrugged
and started walking away. Alissa trailed behind him like a lost puppy.
“And Jake?” I called out. He stopped in his tracks and looked over his
shoulder. “Give the girl a warning next time, okay?” I didn’t stay for his
reaction but laughed myself silly all the way back to Owen’s truck.


T.M. (Tracey Marie) Frazier resides in sunny Southwest Florida with her husband and three feisty fur kids. She attended Florida Gulf Coast University where she specialized in public speaking. After years working in real estate and new home construction, she decided it was finally time to stop pushing her dreams to the back burner and pursue writing seriously. In the third grade she wrote her very first story about a lost hamster. It earned rave reviews from both her teacher and her parents. It only took her twenty years to start the next one. The Dark Light of Day is her debut novel. Determined not to wait another twenty years, T.M. is hard at work on her second novel. It will not be about hamsters.



SOUNDTRACK: 
This is what I listened to while writing The Dark Light of Day. It makes a great soundtrack while reading it too!  I only listed a few Brantley Gilbert and FL GA Line songs here, but I basically had their entire albums in my 'book shuffle'.  -T.M.

Hell on An Angel- Brantley Gilbert

Take it Outside- Brantley Gilbert

Somewhere With You- Kenny Chesney

Just a Fool- Blake Shelton & Christina Aguilera

It Will Rain- Bruno Mars

Hurt- Johnny Cash

Heart Like Mine- Miranda Lambert

Give Into Me- Leighton Meister & Garrett Hedlund

Redneck Crazy- Tyler Farr

Cowboys & Angels- Dustin Lynch

Kick it in the Sticks-Brantley Gilbert

One of Those Nights- Tim McGraw

Machinehead-Bush

Driving Around Song- Colt Ford


Take a Back Road- Rodney Adkins

Dayum, Baby- Florida Georgia Line

Get Your Shine On- Florida Georgia Line


No comments:

Post a Comment