Friday, March 1, 2013

Reviewed: The Charmed Souls by Christine Wenrick...5 out of 5 rating...


The Charmed Souls (The Charmed Trilogy, #2)
Olivia Ann Greyson is a Charmer, a Dhampir with the power to lure the supernatural world’s most dangerous of creatures – and she’s in an impossible situation. She must leave behind Caleb Wolfe, the strong, protective vampire she has fallen madly in love with, in order to learn how to protect herself from the vampires, shifters and demons that will be drawn to her for the rest of her life.

Human Guardian, Alec Lambert, has been assigned to see to Olivia’s training by the organization he belongs to, which is known simply as The Brethren. He takes Olivia to the group’s stronghold in the mountainous regions of Alberta, Canada, where she discovers the answers to her family’s painful past and the extent to which those hunting her will go to capture her. But she also uncovers many secrets and even more questions about this mysterious group she has trusted to protect her – secrets that will have her fighting to get back to the man she left behind.

. . . but will it be too late?


This cover is one of my all time favorite covers!! I just love it and I especially love that the necklace (or one similar to it) has a big part in the story. I am a HUGE fan of Christine Wenrick and of this series. It has quickly become one of my favorites and Caleb and Olivia are definitely one of my favorite couples. The Charmed Souls made me fall even more in love with their characters. Caleb *sigh*

After the way The Charmed ended, I was so excited to jump back into this unique world created by Christine. I couldn't wait to start reading. The state of  Caleb and Olivia's relationship at the end of that book had me biting my nails in hopes that Christine would put me out of my misery with The Charmed Souls and give these two the HEA they so deserved and that I wanted for them so much!! Although she made me a little nervous, Christine delivered on not only a great HEA but a fun, entertaining, romantic, sexy read.

I thought that this book started out a little slow but I think that was only because I was anxiously waiting for Caleb and Olivia to get back together. lol  They are such a great couple and are so much fun to read. I just loved when Caleb came for her. So Good!!  After the slow start the story quickly picked up and I found myself absorbed in it. There were definitely some nail~biting moments along with laughter, love, friendship, heartache and of course some SMOKING HOT sex scenes!! ;)  The scene with Caleb and Olivia at the piano when he is trying to show her what the music feels like to him~is one of the HOTTEST SEXIEST scenes that I have read!! The piano sex with them seems to be a theme in the series!! lol :)

I thought it was so ironic that the one place where Olivia was supposed to be the safest was the place that she wound up getting hurt the most both physically and emotionally. I loved the secondary characters so much~Gideon, Alec, Fin and Maya, Kane, Lucas and of course Jax and Gemma. Oh..Jax and Gemma!! I was a little confused at first as to why Jax didn't realize or say anything about his connection to Olivia but then later on in the book it was explained. I never saw that coming at all!! Sneaky little author!! lol  I loved reading about how Olivia's "gift" affected those around her~her gift was such a unique twist to the story. I loved how her and Caleb's relationship grew stronger in this book~the closeness they shared and the fun they had together. Caleb was so caring and protective of Olivia~he would do anything for her and the same of her for him. I just love couples like that. Olivia definitely put Caleb through the wringer!! lol  Trouble in one form or another always seemed to find her. 

Just a great read with lovable characters that I couldn't get enough of! I am so looking forward to reading The Charmed Fates. Great addition to the series that will definitely be a reread. 

***ARC provided by Christine Wenrick~Thank you so much!!

5 out of 5 stars!! 

          


No comments:

Post a Comment