Sunday, October 14, 2012

Lusting For Covers: Obsidian by Laurann Dohner...

Lusting for Covers is a weekly meme, held on Sunday, that allows bloggers to share their current cover obsession with fellow book lovers.  

Choose your own book cover that you've fallen in "lust" with in the past week. It can be new, old, a reprint, or even a book that is not yet out-- it's all up to you! If you find a cover that catches your eye, then showcase it on your blog, and let others see the pretty covers out there. 

(OPTIONAL): Besides posting the picture of the book cover you chose, it's nice to provide the book summary, title, author, or a website link for the book. It's not required, but it can help you readers' to add more books to their own list! A brief "Why I choose this cover" is also appreciated, but not required. 
                  This meme is hosted by TBQ @ TBQ's Book Palace.

Here's my candidate for the week:
Close this window
Book 8 in the New Species series.
Dr. Allison Baker is obsessed with saving the comatose New Species male. She has tried everything and there’s only one option left. Alli will break every rule and put her life in danger by tempting 880 to wake, using only her feminine scent and touch. She just has to kidnap him and crawl into bed with him to make it work.
880 wakes in a different world with a small female who’s been sleeping beside him, caressing him and wrapping her sweet body around his, teasing his senses. He lies silent and still, listening and evaluating each arousing touch, fighting his body’s reaction. Hatred flares when he discovers she’s human, but Mercile stole everything from him so he decides it’s fair to take her in return.
But things quickly change and he wants her at his side and in his bed. 880 has chosen a new name—Obsidian—the personification of dark and dangerous. He’ll fight them all to keep her and no one will stand in his way of taking a new mate as well.


Why this cover?
If ever there was a cover that I was totally in LUST with, it would definitely be this one!! I have absolutely no idea what this book is about because I can't seem to get past drooling over the cover to find out!!  LOL   I think it is so sexy with the girl in the background looking over her shoulder at him and if his back is anything like his front, I don't blame her one bit.  LOL  ;p Seriously though, I have heard mixed reviews about this series and definitely plan to read 
once I dig myself out from underneath my TBR mountain!!

Now it's your turn!! What cover are you currently lusting for? 

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Lusting for Covers post, or share your ‘lust’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). I would love to see the cover you choose. Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, lovely choice again, Mariann! :) LOVE, and for all the reasons you mentioned--if only we could see his backside. *sigh* Oh well, the front's good, real good! ;)

    I haven't read this series either, but it's on the list.... If you get to it first, let me know how it is, K?

    Enjoy!
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey TBQ,

      LOL...We will just have to imagine the back!! ;p I will definitely let you know what I think if I read first!! Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!!

      Delete
  2. You should definitely start this series, it's really good! Some of the books aren't as good as others but I really can't complain about it because they're all entertaining and steamy.

    Adria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adria,

      I definitely will check out the series as soon as I get a chance. Thanks for stopping by!! :)

      Delete
  3. You know this is my favorite cover. Laurann Dohner has the best *Drool Worthy* covers. I agree with Adria you have to try this series and some are better than others. Great pick this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you,

      LOL...that's why we are twins!! ;p Have a great week and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete