Sunday, February 3, 2013

Reviewed: Racing To Love: Jesse's Soul by Amy Gregory...4 out of 5 rating...


Racing to Love - Jesse's Soul
Jesse Frost lived the life most men would kill for. Fast bikes, fame, money, and looks. He hadn’t thought much about those things throughout his career. He was just an easy-going guy from Texas who always worked hard for everything he got in life. He’d been the shy guy in school, so when the prom queen found him years later, he thought he had finally made it. Her mirage, however, left him empty and certain there was no one that wanted him
 just for the man inside.
Emery Kincaid has a last name that is revered in their world. A woman in a man’s world and succeeding, Irish through and through, she has the temper and sass to boot and a reputation that precedes her. She has remained strong because she’s had no other choice. The pain she masks runs deep and hiding it is the 
only way she can survive. 
Thrown together and forced to be in each other’s space day in and day out, sparks start to fly—from chemistry and the brakes she tries desperately to throw on. Without a doubt, Jesse thinks he’s found her, but the girl that stole his heart has a stubborn streak a country mile wide. 
What Jesse doesn’t know could break his heart. Hiding her true feelings for him is the only way for Emery to protect him and in turn—herself. She barely made it out the first time. If she let Jesse in and he walked away…well, that’s a risk her heart can’t take.
I have been a HUGE fan of Amy Gregory and this series ever since reading Carter's Treasure. Jesse's Soul had me from the start. I loved the concept of this story in where Emery was a female in the male dominated world of bike mechanics and she was one of the best. I also loved that she was Jesse's boss's daughter. Oh...I loved the first time Emery and Jesse met and he was so tongue tied over her. So good!! 

Jesse's Soul surprised me so much because I totally fell for Reid, Emery's dad. He was such a great character and I wanted him to get his own HEA. I found myself wanting to read so much more about him. Emery was a great character also. I loved how she didn't see how beautiful she was but Jesse did and wasn't afraid to tell her. Jesse *sigh* He was so sweet, funny, protective and loving of Emery. I loved that he kept after her and didn't give up on her. He was exactly what she needed. And she was exactly what Jesse needed, after she stopped pushing him away and fighting him about her health. Even though I liked her she kind of annoyed me a little with constantly trying to hide when she was feeling bad and not letting anyone help her. I felt so much for Emery and what she lost as a result of her illness~broke my heart. I loved the story so much better when she trusted Jesse enough to let him in. I was so drawn to her and Jesse's story and was definitely rooting for their HEA.  I loved the ending so much and cannot wait for more. 

This was such a fun but at the same time emotional read. I loved getting to read more about Carter and Molly and Eli. I also loved Riley, Emery's brother. Oh..and I absolutely loved the surprise at the end for Carter and Molly. Can't wait to read more about them in the series and how they adapt to the changes. Oh...and I loved Cody with Ally, Jesse's sister~can't wait for more of them also. 

Another great addition to an already favorite series of mine that continue to get better with every book. This is definitely a keeper and I am so looking forward to more. 

4 out of 5 rating!!

***ARC provided by Amy Gregory~Thank you so much!! 

         

  

Racing To Love Series Books / AMAZON / SMASHWORDS*

New Cover  Cover
*Racing To Love: Brody's Love is only on Smashwords and is FREE!!

Click HERE for my review of Racing To Love: Carter's Treasure
Click HERE for my review of Racing To Love: Brody's Love


No comments:

Post a Comment