Monday, February 4, 2013

Reviewed: Drive Me Crazy by Marquita Valentine...Best of the Best rating...


Drive Me Crazy (Going the Distance Series, #1)
NASCAR racer, Carter Ambrose, has finally decided to take his doctor’s advice and find a new occupation before another wreck on the track kills him. Only his doctor hadn’t counted on his little sister’s best friend, Melanie Ann Smith, crashing his weeks of solitude with her short skirts and platform heels. And that’s not the least of his problems. His mother has decided that she wants grandchildren and the only woman that's good enough for the job-his ex-fiance.

Twenty-four year old Troublemaker Extraordinaire, Melanie Ann Smith, isn’t asking for much out of life: a house without wheels, to travel further than her home state and her best friend’s older brother, Carter Ambrose. Only three things stand in her way: juggling all of her odd jobs, keeping her daddy from gambling away all of their money and getting Carter to see her as a woman.

Soon Melanie and Carter agree to a temporary relationship. One with benefits that is mutually satisfying in every way, or so each believes. And just when they are ready admit their feelings, family secrets are exposed, threatening Melanie and Carter's fragile relationship.

Will Carter risk it all for love, or will Melanie be left holding the trophy for second place?
It's no secret that I am a HUGE fan of Marquita Valentine~I simply adore her!! I am always looking forward to her next release and I was so excited for Drive Me Crazy as Melanie and Carter captured my interest in Twice Tempted. I had a feeling that I would love their story and I was so not wrong!!  Drive Me Crazy hooked from the start~it was filled with everything that I love in a romance book and look forward to in Marquita's writing. This book is a perfect example of why I continue to be such a HUGE fan of her. She has such a way of telling a story that just pulls you in and makes the characters come to life plus she loves a HEA as much as I do. 

Melanie was such a great character and quickly became a favorite heroine of mine.  Carter *sigh* His character was so much more than I thought he was going to be and I just loved him. Although, Carter did have his moments that I wanted to smack him but he did make up for them. I loved that Melanie had a theme to the way she dressed and she was so funny and sweet and quirky and feisty. She was so much fun to read. I did feel bad for her over the way she was treated. It broke my heart to read how her father continued to take advantage of her yet she still loved him~I was so glad that he also redeemed himself in the end. Oh...April was such a bitch!! I wanted her to get what was coming to her so bad!! lol Carter's mom cracked me up~she was bitchy and nice to Melanie all at the same time. Another character that I loved was Beau. I thought he was so funny, especially when Carter kept telling Melanie that him being so sweet and polite was just an act. lol Carter being a dirty~talker definitely got my attention and the sex scenes with him and Melanie were definitely HOT~especially the one in the front seat of the car!! Whew!!

I was so involved in Melanie and Carter getting their HEA that even though I knew what their future held because of Twice Tempted, I found myself still a little nervous because I just knew that Carter was going to do something stupid and break Melanie's heart!! lol
Reading Drive Me Crazy made me want to go back and reread Twice Tempted to refresh my memory as to where some of the characters were 4 years later. Drive Me Crazy is definitely my favorite book of Marquita's so far~I just loved it so much and I didn't want it to end and have to leave Carter and Melanie. 

I absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED this epilogue and is another example of why I adore Marquita's books as well. She always gives me that HEA that I long for. 

I am so looking forward to Jake's book after reading the short part in the back of Drive Me Crazy. Sounds like it is going to be another good one!! :) 

Such a fun read that definitely left me smiling at the end. Great start to this new series.

Best of the Best!!

***ARC provided by Marquita Valentine. Thank you so much!! :) 

        

  


1 comment:

  1. Great review, Mariann! :) I'll have my review up tomorrow...I can't believe I forgot to mention the car scene! *gasp* Damn, that was sexy...and dirty. Loved it! :)

    Enjoy!
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete