Monday, April 30, 2012

Sexy Snippets Tuesday...May 1st

Tuesdays have never been so sexy!
Sexy Snippets is a weekly feature hosted by Reading Between the Wines for the 18+ crowd. 
To join in just grab the button, post a sexy paragraph or two from your current read and share the author & title so other participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like. Have a sexy good time!

I pulled the bracelet out of the box and shut the drawer just when I felt Hawk's fingertips on the skin of my side right where the material started. Those fingertips became a hand gliding into my dress, across my ribs and then up where they cupped my opposite breast. Then he pulled me into his front.  
"Hawk," I whispered, my head falling back to his shoulder as his thumb swept my nipple and I repeated, "Hawk." 
"Hold onto the dresser. baby," he muttered into my ear.
"What?" I breathed as his other hand tugged up the skirt of my dress. 
"Hold on," he ordered. 
"We're late," I reminded him then sucked in breath when I got another nipple swipe. 
"We're gonna be later," Hawk replied. 
"But-"  
"Hold on," he repeated, his hand sliding into the front  of my panties.  (Kindle 87%) 

While drinking cosmopolitans, Gwendolyn Kidd meets the man of her dreams. Then she takes him home. Then she wakes up alone. But her fear that she lost her dream man turns into a relationship with a mystery man when, night after night in the dead of night, he comes back for more. Hoping it will blossom into something real, she lets him. But she doesn’t even know his name.

Gwen’s struggling with the decision to end their crazy non-relationship when her sister-from-hell, Ginger’s best friend pays a visit and warns Gwen that if she and her sister don't get smart, they'll both get d-e-a-d, dead. Gwen has no clue what’s going on but she’s used to Ginger’s antics and decides to lay the problem on her sister’s biker boyfriend's doorstep. Bad choice. She hits the Denver Underground radar with a big, loud ping.

This means Gwen’s Mystery Man, Cabe “Hawk” Delgado has to step in to keep her safe. But when Hawk gets a dose of Gwen in the daylight, he makes the decision that he finally wants real with Gwen. However when Gwen gets a dose of badass, bossy, straight-talker Hawk in the daylight, she decides she’s done.

Thus begins the head-to-head of the Commando vs. Cosmo Girl as Hawk woos Gwen in his own unique way, Gwen survives firebombs, drive-bys, kidnappings, hot pursuits by biker hotties and gorgeous police detectives and discovers the heartbreaking reason why Hawk kept her at arm’s length.

And as all this happens, Gwen finds that her sister’s troubles are serious trouble and she must decide who to keep alive: her sister-from-hell or the man of her dreams.

Now it's your turn!!

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Sexy Snippets post, or share yours in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome choice for your Sexy Snippet. So many good ones to choose from in this book. I love Hawk and Gwen. Never a boring moment with these two. My poor stomach was in knots with them.

    Here is mine:
    http://wickedlydeliciousbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/sexy-snippets-perfect-storm.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny because I didn't like this book as much as her others but I fell in love with Hawk in the epilogue. That epilogue changed my whole opinion of the book!! Have a good day!! :)

      Delete
  2. I think I have seen this book somewhere else...guess that means I need to check it out :)
    Here is my SS:
    http://csmaxwell.blogspot.com/2012/05/sexy-snippets-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this book has been on a lot of blogs. It has the best epilogue and I definitely would recommend reading it although Sweet Dreams is still my all time favorite book from her. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. Great snippet :D Another yummy sounding book to add to my TBR, thanks so much for sharing this! New follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for following!! You should definitely check this author out -- she writes some of the best characters I have ever read!! :)

      Delete