Sunday, June 30, 2013

Review: Secret Maneuvers by Jessie Lane...4 out of 5 rating...


On SALE for 99¢ for a LIMITED TIME!

Secret Maneuvers (Ex Ops, #1)
Some mistakes from the past haunt us forever... unless fate steps in with a second chance. 

One 'dear John' letter haunts Bobby Baker's every living moment. It’s the letter he stupidly wrote to his high school sweetheart, Belle, right after he left to join the Army. The letter that he told her that he wasn't so sure if they were ready for forever yet. But before he can let her know that the letter, and his second thoughts, are nothing but a mistake, she up and disappears from the small Georgia town they were both raised in.

Fifteen years later, Belle unknowingly walks back into Bobby's life when her job as an ATF Agent forces her to work with a group of men secretly headed by the CIA to help her track down whoever is involved in funneling black market weapons to a drug cartel in Mexico. 

Bobby will use this mission to try and soothe Belle's hurt feelings while proving to her that their love is still meant for forever. He'll use every dirty trick he's learned since he joined the Army to maneuver her back into his life for the long haul. But Belle's not making it easy as she keeps him at arm's length in the hopes that mistakes of her own never come to light.


Wow...this is another book that hooked me from the start.  Even though after reading the blurb I knew what to expect, the prologue still crushed me. My heart ached for Belle and I was so pissed at Bobby for abandoning her the way he did after making her so many promises. UGH...I felt sick for her.  Damned Bobby!! lol  Secret Maneuvers really brought out the tears for me. I shed more than my fare share at several times through out the story. 

I loved Belle right from the start. She was such a great character and I loved how she was able to overcome her awful upbringing and make something of her life. I also loved that after moving from Georgia she had such great people in her life that truly cared for her. I especially LOVED Charlie and am so hoping that he gets a book of his own. Of course I am also hoping that Bobby's team members get books of their own also. LOVED Jaxson, Riley, Declan, Chase, Arturo and Lucas. Oh...I thought it was so funny that Belle drove that huge truck. 

Bobby....UGH!! He was such an ass hat!! I tried so hard to like him and just when I thought I was there he would do something so douchebaggy and it would send me right over the edge again.  I wanted to kick him in his junk so many times.  I totally understood why Belle kept her secret from him but I thought he was intentionally cruel to her considering how he kept saying she was the love of his life. I hated the way he treated her at the football game. I loved loved LOVED when Seth put Bobby in his place about his treatment toward Belle. I could have kissed Seth!! lol  Oh..and at the hospital, I wished Bobby's team didn't stop Charlie from kicking Bobby's ass~he definitely deserved it.  So even with such a sweet ending I still have a problem with Bobby's character. Hopefully with the following books I can forgive him. lol 

Great start to a promising series that I am so looking forward to. 4 out of 5 rating

***ARC provided by Jessie Lane~Thank you!! 

        

  


No comments:

Post a Comment