Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Review: Hardcore (Bleeding Mayhem MC #1) by Jenika Snow...4 Out of 5 Rating...

Hardcore (Bleeding Mayhem MC Book 1)Hardcore by Jenika Snow
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was drawn to this book for a couple of reasons: 1. The author ~ I haven't read as much from her as I would like. 2. MC ~ Can't get enough MC romances 3. The cover and blurb 4. Second chance romance ~ This is a favorite theme of mine when done right. And last but not least ~ The hero in the book is named BIG ;) ;) I had to find out for myself if he lived up to is name. lol

It always interests me when reading a book with characters that like a little pain with their pleasure. That they need some level of pain to achieve that ultimate pleasure. I wasn't sure how in depth Jenika was going to take it between Big and Claire so I was really surprised when the scenes were not as "Hardcore" as I was expecting. Just HOT KINKY and a little on the DIRTY side. Which brings up another point...I thought that this book was going to be heavy on the sex and light on the story when in fact it was the other way around. Just enough sex to balance out the story. And Big definitely lived up to his name. ;)

Big was a lot more then I expected. He didn't play games and he was the one to realize his mistakes and confront Claire and try to make it right. That won me over big time. He gave her the play of ignoring him in the beginning but he didn't let it go to far before letting his feelings be known. He truly was sorry for the way things happened between them 2 years ago. He had missed her and all it took was seeing her again to know he wasn't letting her go. Claire was a bit more difficult for me. I totally understand why she felt she had to leave but a little communication between them could have changed things. Her trying to ignore him and the feelings she still had for him totally didn't work. I LOVED the relationship between these two. When Claire finally gave in, not that Big gave her a choice, they were perfect for each other. There is nothing better than a rough sexy biker who has sweetness in him for his lady.

The secondary characters caught my attention as well. I'm so wanting more of Mayhem. I loved the relationship that he had with Claire. So sweet.

Good start to the series, excellent writing, some HOT KINKY sex, love, a second chance, forgiveness, loyalty, friendship, laughter, revenge, family, bikers and a HEA. What more could you ask for??

Book obtained per Evernight Publishing ~ Thank you!!


The Bleeding Mayhem MC, where blood, violence, and being a badass alpha reign supreme.
 Claire left the Bleeding Mayhem MC two years ago after a Patch named Big broke her heart. But her brother, Mayhem, and the MC are all she has, and she knows she’s going to need the club’s protection after what she’s gotten herself into. 

Big, who got his nickname because of the equipment he’s sporting between his legs, has never forgotten Claire, the woman he at one time had as his number one, so when she shows up at the club, he knows it’ll be hard to keep the past where it belongs. But Big still wants her in a bad way, and has no self-control when it comes to Claire. 

Big takes it upon himself to handle Claire’s problem the only way he knows how—with violence. No way is he going to let her run from him again. She’ll be his in every way, no matter what. 



No comments:

Post a Comment