Friday, June 15, 2012

Reviewed: Easy by Tammara Webber...

Easy
When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she’s single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, stalked by her ex’s frat brother, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Her econ professor gives her an email address for Landon, the class tutor, who shows her that she’s still the same intelligent girl she’s always been. As Jacqueline becomes interested in more from her tutor than a better grade, his teasing responses make the feeling seem mutual. There’s just one problem—their only interactions are through email.

Meanwhile, a guy in her econ class proves his worth the first night she meets him. Nothing like her popular ex or her brainy tutor, Lucas sits on the back row, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. At a downtown club, he disappears after several dances that leave her on fire. When he asks if he can sketch her, alone in her room, she agrees—hoping for more.

Then Jacqueline discovers a withheld connection between her supportive tutor and her seductive classmate, her ex comes back into the picture, and her stalker escalates his attention by spreading rumors that they’ve hooked up. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.



REALLY LIKED IT!!
Tammara Webber is a new author for me and I wasn't sure what to expect from Easy.  The book was different then I thought it was going to be. I thought it was going to be a easy and light read.  So I was surprised when it turned out not to be neither easy nor light. The subject matter was real and difficult but Tammara wrote it well.  Tammara Webber most definitely gained a new fan and I look forward to reading more of her books. 

I liked this book so much right from the beginning. The characters and the story line drew me in. LOVE LOVE LOVE Lucas!!  I want a Lucas of my own!! LOL  I also loved the relationship that developed over the email between Jacqueline and Landon--it was very sweet!! I wanted these characters to find there HEA!!  A lot of angst in the book but so good!!! :) The epilogue was great I just wished it was a couple of years later. 


I am always drawn to college related stories because I didn't attend.  So I am fascinated  by the whole scene--the sororities, the parties, dorm life and the developing/lasting friendships. 


Great cover!!! This is definitely a reread for me and has a place in my keeper pile. 
4 out of 5 rating. 


This was a difficult review for me because I was trying not to give away any spoilers!! LOL


Tammara Webber Website

2 comments:

  1. Mariann-You got me---this sounds pretty good. Right now, I am listenting to a YA audio book-Where She Went---and enjoying it.
    It's the second book after If I Stay, which made me cry. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey C.S.,
      Thanks for stopping by. Yeah, I really liked this book a lot!! I haven't read either of those book--I will have to check them out!! Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend!! :)

      Delete