Thursday, June 14, 2012

Reviewed: Deliver Me From Darkness by Tes Hilaire...

Deliver Me from Darkness (Paladin Warriors, #1)
A STRANGER IN THE NIGHT...
He had once been a warrior of the Light, one of the revered Paladin. A protector. But now he lives in darkness, and the shadows are his sanctuary. Every day is a struggle to overcome the bloodlust. Especially the day Karissa shows up at his doorstep.
COMES KNOCKING ON THE DOOR
She is light and bright and everything beautiful—despite her scratches and torn clothes. Every creature of the night is after her. So is every male Paladin. Because Karissa is the last female of their kind. But she is his. He may not have a soul, but he can't deny his heart.

LOVED IT!!
I just want to start off by saying that it was truly a pleasure to read this book!!!  Deliver Me From Darkness pulled me under with the very first paragraph:
                                        Shouldn't have opened the door
                                 Roland instinctively knew the fragile-looking
                       burden draped over Calhoun's arms was going to wreak
                                   all kinds of havoc on his well ordered life.
From this point on I was hooked and I devoured this book. I actually tried to read slower because I didn't want it to end!! LOL  I LOVED everything about it from Roland and Karissa to the great set of secondary characters and can't wait to see what Tes Hilaire has in store for them, especially Logan, Valin and Gabriella.  

I thought that Tes did an excellent job with this first book of the series and I 'm looking forward to  seeing how the story progresses with the next book. 

With Deliver Me From Darkness, Tes Hilaire has gained a new fan and I have another favored author. This was just a great read and has a place in my keeper pile. This is a definite reread for me!!  5 out of 5 rating.  :)   Awesome cover!! 
Paperback copy won from Kaki Warner's blog and was provided by Tes Hilaire.  Thank you so much ladies!!! 

2 comments:

  1. great review. never heard of this author. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey,
      This is her first book!!! I won from a contest and so glad i did. Love her and the book--can't wait for the next in the series. I will say that i'm not sure you would like it--there isn't really any BADASS ALPHA in this one!! LOL :) Happy Thursday!!

      Delete