Sunday, March 2, 2014

Reviewed: Dungeon Royale by Lexi Blake...Top Pick...



18333744

Broken by betrayal, one woman holds the secret to his redemption…
An agent broken
MI6 agent Damon Knight prided himself on always being in control. His missions were executed with cold, calculating precision. His club, The Garden, was run with an equally ordered and detached decadence. But his perfect world was shattered by one bullet, fired from the gun of his former partner. That betrayal almost cost him his life and ruined his career. His handlers want him to retire, threatening to revoke his license to kill if he doesn’t drop his obsession with a shadowy organization called The Collective. To earn their trust, he has to prove himself on a unique assignment with an equally unusual partner.
A woman tempted
Penelope Cash has spent her whole life wanting more. More passion. More adventure. But duty has forced her to live a quiet life. Her only excitement is watching the agents of MI6 as they save England and the world. Despite her training, she’s only an analyst. The closest she is allowed to danger and intrigue is in her dreams, which are often filled with one Damon Knight. But everything changes when the woman assigned to pose as Damon’s submissive on his latest mission is incapacitated. Penny is suddenly faced with a decision. Stay in her safe little world or risk her life and her heart for Queen and country.
An enemy revealed
With the McKay-Taggart team at their side, Damon and Penny hunt an international terrorist across the great cities of Northern Europe. Playing the part of her Master, Damon begins to learn that under Penny’s mousy exterior is a passionate submissive, one who just might lay claim to his cold heart. But when Damon’s true enemy is brought out of the shadows, it might be Penny who pays the ultimate price.
Lexi Blake is one of my favorite authors. Honestly, there is not a book that I have read from her under Lexi Blake or Sophie Oak that I didn't love and look forward to more. I cannot get enough of her writing. Her stories are everything that I love about reading. They are a mixture of laughter, romance, tears and some of the hottest sex that I have ever read. I think that she makes me laugh more than any other author. She pulls me in to these fantastic worlds through the characters she creates that keep me so involved and rooting for their HEAs. Her books are so much fun to read and I can't wait for the next one. 

I was so happy to read that Lexi was continuing on with The Masters and Mercenaries series. It's one of my favorites and I was worried that Ian's book was the last and I wasn't ready to be done with McKay-Taggart just yet.  Dungeon Royal was a great addition to the series. Lexi brought back some of my favorites and added a few new characters that I already want to read more about.  Ian and Charlie continue to be one of my favorite couples. He is so funny with the things he says and the way he acts. And I love how he is with Charlie and how she so totally gives back as good as she gets with him. They are so great together. Jake was so cute and funny with having to leave Serena and the new baby behind with Adam.  Missed Liam and Avery but hoping to see them in the next book.  Oh...and I can't wait for the next book~Simon and Chelsea...that is going to be so good!! Oh...and how could I forget Jesse (cracked me up that Ian calls him PTSD) cannot wait to see what Lexi has in mind for his story as well as Simon's cousins and the new addition of Brody~so much to look forward to. 

Dungeon Royale is the story of Damon and Penelope. Just loved them together. Damon was a piece of work. He was a total alpha male but he could be so sweet with Penelope when he wasn't being a complete asshat. lol  Penelope has to be one of my favorite heroines. She was so smart, sweet and caring and I loved how she grew into so much more with the confidence she gained from Damon. I loved that she was able to hold her own with him and how she finally was able to read more into what he was actually saying to her. She understood him better than anyone. There were a few moments between them that I found myself with tears in my eyes and they definitely started a fire on my Kindle. ;)  Hoping to read more of them in future books.

Just a great read that I enjoyed so much. Love this cover!!

This is a Belle's Book Bag  Top Pick

         

  

Masters and Mercenaries Series Books 1-6
 Goodreads / Amazon / B&N
The Dom Who Loved Me (Maste...The Men with the Golden Cuf...A Dom is Forever (Masters a...On Her Master's Secret Serv...Love and Let Die (Masters a...


No comments:

Post a Comment