Thursday, February 13, 2014

Reviewed: Under Locke by Mariana Zapata...5 out of 5 rating...


20613920
He was my boss, my brother’s friend, a Widow, an ex-felon, and a man I’d seen casually with a handful of women. But he was everything that gripped me, both the good and the bad. Worst case scenario if things turned awkward between us, I could go somewhere else. I’d gotten over epic heartbreak before, one more wouldn’t kill me. 

After moving to Austin following six months of unemployment back home, Iris Taylor knows she should be glad to have landed a job so quickly... even if the business is owned by a member of the same motorcycle club her estranged father used to belong to. Except Dex Locke might just be the biggest jerk she’s ever met. He’s rude, impatient and doesn’t know how to tell time. 

And the last thing they ever expected was each other. 

But it was either the strip club or the tattoo shop. 

… she should have chosen the strip club. 
Whenever I begin a book I’m always hoping for a story that draws me in and entertains me till the end. Letting me escape into the world that the story creates. This is true for a story from a well loved author as well as a new-to-me author.  But it still always surprises me with a new-to-me author especially when that book gives me so much more than I ever expected.  Under Locke by Mariana Zapata  did just that.

It is no secret that I  have crazy love for tattooed bad ass bikers and if they are pierced…*faints* 
Tack in Kristen Ashley’s Motorcycle Man is a perfect example (unfortunately he is not pierced) 

 The story between Dex and Iris had me from the start. I just loved Iris’s character. She was so funny and sweet and even though she was a virgin she didn’t come across as a naive dimwit. I loved the things that she called Dex and I especially loved when she stood up to him. She was such a great character. She won me over from the start with how “real” she was to me.   Dex…Oh, Dex. He was something else. He gave Iris such a hard time and was such a d**k to her in the beginning ~well through most of the book.  lol But you just could help but be attracted to all that was Dex. Love when Iris called him Charlie. He was definitely a complicated hero. The things he said to Iris when he wasn’t being such a douche bag just about melted me as much as Iris. lol  He could be so sweet to her. And when they finally got around to the sex…WOW…intensely hot and intimate!! Just WOW!! ;) lol   I loved that their relationship grew gradually and that it was the same for the sex. He took care with her and I absolutely loved that considering his personality.  

So many things to love about this book.. Great story, Great epilogue and Great characters that I ‘m hoping get their own books, especially Sonny ~ loved him!! 

I could go on and on but I’ll stop here before I start to giveaway too much of the story. It is a definite reread for me and I am so looking forward to more from Mariana. 

5 out of 5 rating. 

          
  

1 comment:

  1. OK, you got me, added it to my list ! Looks like a great read :)

    ReplyDelete