Saturday, September 21, 2013

Review: The Green-Eyed Doll by Jerrie Alexander...4 out of 5 rating...


15787617
Catherine McCoy is running from her past. She's been on the move for a year, hiding the secret and guilt in her heart. When she lands in small-town Texas and meets Sheriff Matt Ballard, he ignites a flame she thought lost forever.

Matt has scars of his own. He left the big city after an undercover operation went bad and his partner was killed. 
Now, as Matt hunts for a serial killer who paints his victims like porcelain dolls, Catherine becomes a safe haven for him. Two tortured souls finding comfort in each other's arms—until he uncovers her secret, and their bond of trust is broken.

When Catherine disappears, Matt races to find her, fearing the murderer has found his next green-eyed doll. But the killer has a surprise coming. Catherine will fight to the death before she'll be a victim. But will her determination be enough?
When I was contacted by Jerrie Alexander to read and review The Green-Eyed Doll, I wasn’t sure what to expect as I was not familiar with her or her work.  I gave it a try as I was interested in the blurb even though the whole porcelain doll thing freaked me out a little..lol...but Jerrie assured me that it was still a love story. So I gave it a try. I was so surprised at how much I absolutely loved this story and how quickly I was wrapped up in it. I really liked reading the different points of view from Matt, Catherine and even the killer. 
It added so much to the story.

I just loved how Catherine and Matt first met!!! So funny. They were a great couple and I enjoyed reading the growth of their relationship. Even though they were attracted to each other from pretty much the beginning, they were just friends through a lot of the book. I loved their nicknames for each other...John and Cat. So cute.

The story was filled with mystery and twists that I didn’t see coming as well as love, laughter and tears. It’s always hard for me to say how much I loved a story when there is a serial killer and murder involved. But The Green-Eyed Doll had such a great story line that grabbed my attention and entertained me till the end. I loved the characters...not only Matt and Catherine, but Sue, Jake, Marty, Rey, Emma and especially Ash. 
(I wanted him to get his own book!!) I loved the relationships Matt had with Sue and Ash. So good!!  Oh...how could I forget Matt’s dog..lol…he was hysterical with him and then the dog’s name~so funny!!

Matt and Catherine definitely had to struggle through to their HEA. They both carried around a lot of their own baggage. Matt to my surprise was a lot more forthcoming with his then Catherine was with hers. So of course when Catherine finally told him all of hers, he about lost his mind, but he definitely made up for it. lol

The Green-Eyed Doll was such a well written story and had me going back and forth on who the killer was until revealed.  I am definitely looking for more from Jerrie and want to thank her so much for contacting me and providing me with a book that contained a hunky sexy sheriff that I didn’t want to stop reading.

4 out of 5 rating

***ARC provided by Jerrie Alexander. Thanks :)

         

  

No comments:

Post a Comment