Saturday, October 27, 2012

Reviewed: Provoked by Rebecca Zanetti 5 out of 5 rating...

Provoked (Dark Protectors, #5)
A TIME FOR WAR…
A casualty of the war between the demons and the vampires, Jase Kayrs has been missing for six long years. His older brothers want answers—but they’re going to have to get them from an unlikely source. For when Kane Kayrs tracks down Amber Freebird, what he finds is a blonde, vegan pacifist who has no intention of using her skills in his war…
A TIME FOR LOVE…
Amber enjoys her life of chaotic freedom and has no intention of falling in line just because a sexy-as-sin vampire insists on order. Unfortunately, he discovers she may be the only hope they have of finding his brother, and there’s no way he’s going to let her go—even if it means mating her to gain her cooperation. The two are as different as can be, yet when the dominant Kane and the untamed Amber finally unite to rescue Jase, they just may find that opposites really do attract…“Hot and fast from beginning to end.”
I am such a HUGE fan of the Dark Protectors series. From the very first book, Fated, this series has held me captive with the intelligent, entertaining writing and the interesting characters. I wait non-to-patiently for each new release. Provoked did so not disappoint!!! 

With each new book, Rebecca has gifted my with the ability to return to this world. I continue to be immediately drawn in through great heroes and their heroines. And also, with stories that are filled with equal amounts of love and romance along with action and nail-biting moments. There is also laughter mixed in with a few tears. 

I always look forward to reading about Dage and Emma, Talen and Cara, Max and Sarah, Conn and Moira, Jordan and Katie. And I can't wait to see what happens with Terran and Maggie and of course Jase. Oh, Jase......Rebecca is killing me with his story!! Hopefully she will guide Jase to his HEA. After all that he has been through, he definitely deserves it.

Rebecca has been teasing me with the whole Kalin/Janie/Zane story line and it was worse in this book. This trio has had me talking to my Kindle since they were first introduced!! lol  I have been trying to figure out how they are going to affect each other and the building story. I just love how she writes them and how they continue to meet and interact with each other. Oh....the scene with Kalin and Jane and then the three of them in the epilogue....I cannot wait!! Zane is coming for her!!! Woo~Hoo!! lol 

I have been waiting for Kane to meet his mate since I first read about him. He has always been one of my favorites and I just loved him paired with Amber. Total opposites but their relationship works~they were perfect for each other. I love how they met!! I was instantly pulled into their story and rooting for their HEA. I didn't want it to end. Oh...how could I forget their HOT sex scenes with an unexpected bossy ALPHA Kane!! lol ;) So good!!

Such a great story and another great addition to an already AWESOME series. Looking forward to the next book.  Definitely a keeper!!  5 out of 5 rating. 

***ARC provided by NetGalley and Kensington Books~Thank you so much!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment