Saturday, October 27, 2012

Reviewed: Blindfolded Innocence by Alessandra Torre 5 out of 5 rating...


Sexy New Cover 
Brad De Luca is incorrigible. The premier divorce attorney in town, he is a forty-year old walking hunk of sex, bedding half the town, including his own clients. Brad is used to getting whatever, and whomever, he wants, and when the newest intern arrives - Julia Campbell, a pre-law student fresh off a failed engagement - he embraces the challenge. Only, happy in her new independence, the last thing Julia wants, or needs, is an older man who could destroy her job prospects, and possibly her innocence.Julia is confident in her sexuality, and her effect on men. But she is far out of her league. Before she knows it, Brad is stretching her boundaries and opening up a forbidden world of sensual and sexual exploration.
This is such a hard review for me to write because this book brought out such strong emotions in me that I find myself having trouble putting them into words.

When Alessandra Torre contacted me about reviewing Blindfolded Innocence, I accepted not truly knowing what a wild ride I was in for. Wow...I am so glad that she did, I would have missed out on such an AWESOME book and a truly gifted writer. So thank you, Alessandra!! :)

Original Cover
Blindfolded Innocence (Innocence, #1)Now, the book cover....I'm not such a fan of the "vajayjay" cover. LOL  If there was a naked man on the cover in the same position, I would be all over it, but this one, not so much!!  But it certainly accomplishes what a great book cover is supposed to do by drawing attention to the book!! (This was the original cover but Alessandra's publisher has since changed the cover to the one shown at the top of my review~you may still see this cover until updated. I have to say that I LOVE the new cover!! ;p)

I absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED Blindfolded Innocence!!  The writing was so smooth that the story flowed on with the assistance of such well developed albeit dysfunctional characters. LOL  Alessandra has such a gift with her ability to tell a story. I was immediately pulled into the story and so invested in Brad and Julia's journey towards a HEA.  The hardest part of this book for me was having to accept that Brad and Julia would not be getting the usual HEA,  but one that was suited specifically for them and their situation.  Blindfolded Innocence ended in what could best be called a HFN ending and I cannot wait for the next book!!

I had such a LOVE/HATE relationship with Brad. I just could not help but love him even when I didn't want to. *sigh* He had me yelling at my Kindle on more than one occasion and especially at one certain part and if he hadn't handled the situation the way he did later on and with Julia's easy acceptance, I would have really struggled with his character and I am not sure that I could have gotten passed it. I am not sure that I have ever read a character like his before and I have a feeling that even though the book ended the way it did, Alessandra is going to push my limits with Brad!! lol

I LOVED Julia right from the start!! She was such a great character and even though she was young she didn't act immature or ditsy.  I loved the way she was able to handle Brad and not let him steam roll over her. 

Blindfolded Innocence was filled with romance, laughter, tears, angst, sexual tension, HOT HOT sex scenes, NO NO NO moments and a HFN with the promise of a HEA!!!

Brad *sigh*

Such an awesome book that I was so happy to have the pleasure to read. Definitely going into my keeper pile to be reread (except I will surely skip that one scene with Brad!! lol ;p).  Looking for more from Alessandra Torre~she has quickly won me over with Blindfolded Innocence and I am definitely a BIG fan. 5 out of 5 rating. 

****ARC provided by Alessandra Torre~Thank you so much~my absolute pleasure to read!! :)

Some Of My Favorites:
Phone to his ear, his knuckles were still rapping the glass when my eyes met his. He pointed one finger at me and then motioned for me to come, turning his back and pacing away without waiting for a response. Uh-oh. (Julia about Brad)

Whoa. It was as if every ounce of extra air left the room in that instant, squeezing all of the space out with it and putting me front and center in his laser beam. Damn. We locked eyes, and neither one of us moved. (Julia and Brad)

He turned on some powerful, magical force, and it was like he radiated with intense sexual heat. I almost swooned, but caught myself. (Julia about Brad)

The man was like no one I'd ever met. I could see why divorcing wives would throw apart their legs and beg him for more than lawyerly duties. The man was walking, breathing sex. I had never found bodybuilders or large men attractive. I had pined and worshiped the rail-thin, pretty look of male models. This man was built like a god, but with the deposition of Satan. (Julia about Brad)

Good lord. Someone needs to take this man out back and shoot him. (Julia about Brad)

Alessandra Torre Website
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment