Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Reviewed: Love Unscripted by Tina Reber 3 out of 5 rating...

Love Unscripted (Love, #1)
Ryan Christensen just wanted to be an actor. Never in his wildest dreams did he ever think that accepting a role in an unknown film would toss his career into overdrive. His new fame has cost him dearly; anonymity is no longer an option. His fans stalk him, the paparazzi hound him, and Hollywood studios all want a piece of him. Despite all of that, Ryan Christensen craves the most basic of human needs - to have love in his heart and privacy in his life.

Taryn Mitchell, the story's protagonist, is a realist. She's been feigning contentment, running the family pub in Seaport, Rhode Island, while quietly nursing her own internal heartaches. Her feet are fairly glued to the ground and she doesn't buy into all the hype that has descended on her tiny, coastal town. In her world, men are safe if they're kept at a distance.

Fate has other plans for these two when their paths cross one sunny afternoon. A group of female fans has attacked him, leaving his shirt torn, his face cut, and Ryan in obvious distress. Bonds between them form from the most dramatic of circumstances while jealousy, insecurity, and the stress of his celebrity life try to tear them apart.

Through all the tabloid lies, secrecy, and pressure, can Taryn's peace and Ryan's high-profile insanity live together in harmony?
This is my first book by Tina Reber. I loved the concept of an uber famous actor falling for a "regular" woman and how with such a high profile life they could sustain a relationship and find a HEA.

I loved Ryan. He was such a caring, loving, funny, sweet, protective, likable character. Ryan's character is what saved this book for me.  I loved the funny, flirty, teasing relationship that Ryan and Taryn had..  I loved Taryn in the beginning but as the story progressed she just wore me out with all her drama. Her constant bitching about the fans, her almost obsessive need to protect Ryan, her constant refusal for Ryan to pay for anything, and her constant almost obsessive thoughts that he was cheating on her. I totally understood why she had these feelings, I just thought she went a little overboard and created more drama than was necessary. 

Such a sweet entertaining story with such lovable characters. The ending was cute and left me wanting more. I am interested in reading Love Unrehearsed and finding how Ryan and Taryn's relationship continues. I will definitely be looking for more from Tina Reber. 3 out of 5 rating.

***ARC provided by NetGalley~Thank you so much!!

Tina Reber Website
Goodreads

1 comment:

  1. While I admittedly enjoyed the book, I could barely stand Taryn. She is by far the most annoyingly perfect character of all the books I have read and I read a lot. She's too perfect. She's a martyr and I don't mean that in a good way. If it wasn't for the male lead I wouldn't have liked the book at all.

    ReplyDelete