Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Review: Nomad Kind of Love by Nicole Snow...3 out of 5 rating...






Nomad Kind of Love (Prairie Devils MC #2)Nomad Kind of Love by Nicole Snow
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

First I wanted to thank Nicole Snow for contacting me with the opportunity to read and review Nomad Kind of Love. Nicole is a new-to-me author and I have a tiny obsession with MC romances so I was all in. Plus the covers made my eyes happy...all the muscles and tattoos...very nice!! ;)

Nomad Kind of Love is the second book in this series and although each book can be read as a stand alone, I wanted to get a feel for this series so I actually read Outlaw Kind of Love(book 1) first. Book 1 with Jack/Throttle and Rachel was well written but it was just an ok read for me. I was disappointed because I had seen a lot of great reviews but it just didn't grab me and I had trouble connecting with the characters and story.

I was hoping for a better result with Nomad Kind of Love and Maverick and June and I got it. Still I didn't fall in LOVE with this book like I was hoping but I connected with the story and H/h so much more and I actually liked Throttle and Rachel more in this book too.

I Loved the opening..."To find a knight, first you need a dragon. My dragon came in columns of snorting engines and leather jackets emblazoned with a roaring bear. It reeked motor oil, cheap tobacco, and hard violence from every savage nook and cranny. It arrived on the morning of my eighteenth birthday, the day everything I knew and loved was burned to cinders, including my soul. Rather than becoming a bright young woman, I became a dark shadow. Lost. Forever broken. Emotionally murdered. They ruined me and made me believe I was wrecked beyond redemption. They infected me with their evil and I waited for it to finish me. Inevitable, right? I thought so, but then I met him..." How freaking awesome of an opening is that?? It sucked me right in.

June got on my nerves a little but after all she had to suffer and endure I really did feel bad for her. She was so strong to have survived as long as she did under those conditions. I liked how Maverick was so patient with her and didn't give up on her even when she was being a total bitch to him and everyone else in the club. I also liked how he protected her and helped her get revenge. When June finally stopped giving Maverick a hard time I really liked them together as a couple and the sex between them burned up my Kindle. lol ;)

So, I liked Nomad Kind of Love. It entertained me, melted my panties and kept me interested enough that I want to continue on to Savage Kind of Love with Blaze (Maverick's brother) and Shelly. It also made me a fan of Nicole Snow.

Copy provided by author~thank you so much!!


June Daniels watched helplessly as the Grizzlies Motorcycle Club destroyed everything she ever cared about. The ruthless gang controls her shattered life, condemning her to darkness without end...until she meets him.
Aaron “Maverick” Sturm doesn't know what it means to settle down. The President of the Prairie Devils Nomads charter is way too hardened, untamable, and dominant for any old lady.
But when he's sent West to establish a new charter, the beautiful woman he takes as collateral from the Grizzlies upends everything. Instincts Aaron never knew existed start to rage, primal desires to love and protect her in his bed, on his bike, and in his heart.
This bad boy loves a challenge. Claiming broken, mysterious June is his fiercest ever.
She can't forsake her need for vengeance on the Grizzlies. He can't let go, even when giving her what she needs most brings savage politics and blood war between MCs.
Will June find love and justice with her outlaw savior – or will her bitter determination ruin the man she loves and his club?
Note: this is a dark and gritty MC romance with language, violence, and love scenes as hard and raw as they come. Outlaw love takes no prisoners!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment