Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Reviewed Within Reach by Sarah Mayberry...

Within Reach
Being a single dad was never on Michael Young's agenda. Yet with the sudden loss of his wife, that's exactly the role he has. On his best days, he thinks he can handle it. On his worst… Luckily, family friend Angie Bartlett has his back, easily stepping in to help out.
Lately, though, something has changed.
Michael is noticing exactly how gorgeous Angie is, and how single she is. She's constantly in his thoughts and he feels an attraction he never expected. Does he dare disrupt the very good thing they have going? If they have a fling that goes nowhere, he stands to lose everything—including her. But if they make it work, he stands to gain everything!

I think I have only read 1 of Sarah Mayberry's books before Within Reach and I am wondering why because it was so incredibly good. I love her style of writing. 
Within Reach is hard for me to review because it was so sad to me. The entire story had this underlying sadness to it and I have to say that I cried a lot through out the book. It was a very sweet, heartwarming, emotional story with characters that I so desperately wanted to see get their HEA. I loved Michael and Angie together but it was hard to see them struggle with their feelings for each other. But in their struggle I think that Sarah made the story and characters seem more real. I loved the ending and I only wish that there had been an epilogue a couple of years later to show how their lives together turned out. I say that only because even though they had great moments together, there was always that sadness that covered them and I would have liked to have seen them without so much grief and guilt wrapped around them. Within Reach is one of those stories that even after I was finished, I still ached a little inside. A great book that I couldn't put down and I will definitely be looking for more from Sarah Mayberry. Within Reach has definitely earned a place in my keeper pile. Love the cover!! 
5 out of 5 rating

***Copy provided by NetGalley~Thank you!!


Sarah Mayberry Website

2 comments:

  1. Great review Mariann! This sounds like a good one. I've read some of SM's books and enjoyed them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It was so good just a little more sad than I though it would be!! I'm looking forward to reading more from her. :)

      Delete