Monday, August 13, 2012

Reviewed Twice Tempted by Marquita Valentine...

Twice Tempted (Holland Springs, #1)
 Holland Springs Series Book#1
Born into wealth and power, Christian Romanov is Hollywood’s favorite bad boy with a golden touch…until the day his agent receives pictures of the movie star celebrating his birthday in a not-so-legal way. Now he’s been ordered to find a small-town girl to be seen with in order to improve his partying image. He agrees, but for an entirely different reason-to protect the reputation of an organization that helps get teens off the street and back into the school. Not only is he the anonymous donor that's been solely supporting the organization since its inception, he's slated to be their newest spokesman.
Zoe Ambrose is a hopeless romantic masquerading as a realist. But she’s also a successful novelist, trying to fit herself into a staid life when what she craves is the adventure she found one night in the arms of a playboy who never knew her name. When her successful crime series is optioned by a major studio, she travels to Las Vegas to find that the prince of her fantasies and single night of pleasure is the main contender for the male lead. But for four years Zoe has been publicly eviscerating the man who left her stranded that night—he’s the villain in her series! Now the movie star doesn't recognize her, and Zoe is determined to protect her heart this time.
When Christian braves the small town of Holland Springs and Zoe’s overprotective family to win the girl of his dreams, he finds that his Hollywood skills might not cut it—and learns a shocking truth he never imagined. Can he can tempt her again and finally give her the epic love story she has refused to write for herself?

As this was my first time reading Marquita Valentine, I wasn't sure what to expect. WOW...I was blown away by Twice Tempted!!! Such an AWESOME book!! It was filled with everything that I love~laughter, romance, hot sex, interesting characters, a sexy badboy with a British accent, a sweet clumsy heroine and most important of all, an entertaining story with an awesome epilogue!!
I was immediately pulled into the story with the opening line of "The first thing you need to do in Vegas is get laid."~Does that get your attention or what?? LOL I was engrossed with the characters and story and didn't want to stop reading and panicked as I got closer to the end because I didn't want it to end. I didn't want to leave this world that Twice Tempted wrapped me in. 
I love the way Marquita writes with not only a sense of humor but with such romantic lines spoken through Christian that just made me swoon~"I'm here to mend yours(Zoe's heart)with pieces of mine." and "She filled his empty body. His heart. His soul." *sigh* 
I absolutely love it when a book, that I don't really have any expectations about, blows me away and becomes one of my favorites. I am definitely a HUGE fan of Marquita Valentine after Twice Tempted. I am so glad that she contacted me with the generous offer to read this book. It was definitely my pleasure. 
I would absolutely recommend Twice Tempted. It earned it's place in my keeper pile and is a definite reread for me. I can't wait for Third Time's A Charm~Sasha and Rose's book~it sounds so good!!! I am so hoping that Christian and Zoe will also continue their story throughout the series. Oh and I hope that Sebastian will get his own story as well!! 5 out of 5 rating!!

Marquita wrote such a sweet dedication~dedications tell me a lot about an author and I felt that her's set the perfect tone for this book.

***Copy generously provided by Marquita Valentine~Thank you so much!!

Marquita Valentine Blog

Holland Springs Series Book#2
Third Time's a Charm (Holland Springs, #2)
September 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment