Saturday, February 2, 2013

Reviewed: A Tall Dark Cowboy by Mackenzie McKade...5 out of 5 rating...


A Tall, Dark, Cowboy
Just looking for a good time:
Waiting tables in a bar full of no-good cowboys isn't Lacy Mason's idea of fun. But between her daughter's illness, endless doctor bills, and her college tuition, she needs the money. What she could really use is a night of no-holds-barred passion and no-strings-attached sex. Too bad she has sworn off cowboys for life! 
A guy walks into a bar: 
Full-time executive and retired cowboy Wyatt Anderson is drawn to Lacy from the moment he sees her. But she's an enigma. Daring and assured one moment and hesitant the next, it's as if something haunts her. Only willing to give him one night, Lacy clings tightly to her secrets. Unfortunately for her, what Wyatt wants, Wyatt gets. And he definitely wants Lacy!
Wow...this was one spicy~hot emotional read!!! Loved it!! I say that the story was emotional because of Jessie's illness and the intense emotions between Lacey and Wyatt that seemed to leap off the pages. So good!! I was immediately drawn into the story and didn't want it to end. I had so much fun reading this story and rooting for Lacey, Wyatt and Jessie to all get their HEA.

I loved Lacey~she was such a strong character. Between caring for her daughter, dealing with her ass~hat of an ex-husband, working, going to school and just existing~she definitely deserved some of Wyatt's attention!! I loved that she allowed herself to indulge in him and when she got nervous and thought to back out, Wyatt wouldn't let her. I enjoyed reading their relationship grow from what was supposed to be a one-night stand into something so much more. 

Wyatt was definitely A Tall Dark Cowboy!! OMG...the SMOKING HOT sex in this book about did me in!! In the shower, bed, tailgate of his truck (that was a good one), storage room at the bar, etc.. and Wyatt was like a marathon man!! *shivers* My lap top was definitely sparking!! lol ;)  I loved his character and the little twist in the story in how Lacey didn't realize exactly who or what Wyatt really did and he didn't know that Lacey wasn't just a waitress. So good!! I was biting my nails waiting for them to find out about the other. I loved how shocked they both were when they first met at his office. I also love how truly acceptable Wyatt was of Jessie and how he genuinely wanted to help Lacey and be a part of their life. 

This story had the best ending~adorable and hot at the same time!! Just a great entertaining read that I enjoyed so much and definitely left me smiling at the end. This is a keeper and a definite reread for me. Loved it!!

5 out of 5 rating!!

***Copy provided by Ellora's Cave. Thank you!! 


        

  


1 comment: