Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Reviewed: Going Under by Lauren Dane...4 out of 5 rating...


Going Under (Bound by Magick, #3)
In the wake of the Magister’s rampage, chaos rules. Left reeling, the Others and the humans scramble to create a some sort of unity in the face of growing unrest and violence from anti-Other hate groups federation—and ruthless PR guru Molly Ryan is the witch who can do it. She grew up in the human world but there’s nothing left for her there. She’s lost her PR firm, her friends and she’s decided to put all her fight toward aiding the Others in this dark, new reality. If there’s anything left for her there, she’s going to fight for it. But Gage Garrity, one of the few Others who survived the massacre, fears that the crusade will expose Molly to greater dangers than ever before.

Now, together, with magick on their side, they’re on the road in a desperate struggle to unite a torn world. From state houses to television news to legislative conference rooms across the country, they’re fighting the good fight. And it’s bringing out a passion in both of them they never expected—one as volatile, intense, and all-consuming as their relentless battle for world unity. A battle that could be their undoing…
Lauren Dane is definitely one of my favorite authors. I'm always not~so~patiently waiting for her next release. Bound By Magick is a favorite series of mine and it continues to get better with each new release.  I LOVED Meriel and Dominic in Heart Of Darkness and I ABSOLUTELY ADORED Simon and Lark in Chaos Burning (Chaos Burning is by far my favorite of the series and Simon and Lark are one of my all-time favorite couples~Lark has to be one of my all-time favorite heroines~just love her character.) So you can imagine how excited I was to finally get to read more about Gage~who had been in the background since the series began. 

This is where my review gets hard for me to write because Going Under fell short of the mark for me. I didn't feel that spark between Gage and Molly that I felt with the other couples even though I liked them both so much. (Well, Gage did act like an asshat to Molly through most of the book and I wanted to kick him in his junk!! He was so nice to everyone else but her.) I'm not sure what the problem was for me but I just couldn't connect with them. The writing was great as the norm with a Lauren Dane book, so I am sure that the problem is all me. I plan to re~read again at a later date to see if I still feel the same way. 

Oh...Gage...The way he treated Molly and how back and forth he was with her had me not liking him all that much in this book. He would be thinking sweet things about her but instead of saying them he would say something insulting and mean. Which took me by surprise because I loved him in the previous two books and he didn't treat the other characters in the book like this. He was so nice to everyone else. I just couldn't understand why he treated Molly that way. And it took him a long time to redeem himself in my eyes~luckily he finally did. I guess I had a love/hate relationship with Gage. Oh...I LOVED Molly's character so much. She was strong and vulnerable at the same time. I loved her ability to charm people and she was so smart and funny and feisty. I so wish I had her character's ability to talk to people. lol  I loved how she knew exactly the right thing to say in any situation and I also loved how she dealt with all the conflicting personalities. My heart broke for her in all that she had to endure. And when Gage wasn't being an asshat, I loved how he supported, protected and loved her. I loved Fain and cannot wait for his book. I am hoping to see more of Simon and Lark and also Gage and Molly and how their relationship progressed from the end of this book. 

With all the twists and turns in this story I am so looking forward to what Lauren Dane has in mind for the next book. I cannot wait to see what happens next. There was such pure evil in this book that at times it was difficult to read, especially the horrible things that happened to the Others just because they were not human. This unique and complicated world Lauren Dane has created for Bound by Magick along with the interesting and lovable mixture of characters, just blows me away every time I return. And is exactly why I continue to look forward to returning. So even though I was a little disappointed in this book, I was still entertained and so look forward to more. 

4 out of 5 rating!!

***ARC provided by Lauren Dane. Thank you!! 

        

  

Books 1 and 2 AMAZON
Heart of Darkness (Bound by Magick, #1)  Chaos Burning (Bound by Magick, #2)


No comments:

Post a Comment