Sunday, February 3, 2013

Reviewed: A Dom Is Forever by Lexi Blake...Best of the Best rating...


Book #3
A Dom is Forever (Masters and Mercenaries, #3)
A Man with a Past…
Liam O’Donnell fled his native Ireland years ago after one of his missions ended in tragedy and he is accused of killing several of his fellow agents. Shrouded in mystery, Liam can’t remember that fateful night. He came to the United States in disgrace, seeking redemption for crimes he may or may not have committed. But the hunt for an international terrorist leads him to London and right back into the world he left behind.
A Woman Looking for a Future…
Avery Charles followed her boss to London, eager to help the philanthropist with his many charities. When she meets a mysterious man who promises to show her London’s fetish scene, she can’t help but indulge in her darkest fantasies. Liam becomes her Dom, her protector, her lover. She opens her heart and her home to him, only to discover he’s a man on a mission and she’s just a means to an end.
When Avery’s boss leads them to the traitorous Mr. Black, Liam must put together the puzzle of his past or Avery might not have a future…
WOW...With each new addition to this series, I become more and more addicted. This is definitely one of my favorite series and A Dom Is Forever is definitely one of my favorite books and my favorite of this series. I love the blend of romance, kink and laughter that Lexi brings to this series and this combination is what keeps me returning. 

I had been waiting for Liam's book since the beginning of the series but I had no idea that it would be so FREAKING AWESOME or that I would LOVE his character so much!! He wore leather, was a Dom, was protective, caring, loving, cocky, a smart~ass, had an Irish accent, HOT, muscled, was a freaking sex god and was the best dirty~talker that I have read!! He does Avery dirty too!(only in the best possible way) lol *shivers* Liam *sigh* I just loved everything about his character and he was one of the best heroes that I have read. Avery was definitely a favorite heroine of mine. All that she went through just broke me heart. She was so funny and feisty and strong and sweet. I especially loved the twist that Lexi Blake took with Avery's tragedy and how Avery handled the situation with the person responsible. Her character was such a "real" person to me in the way that she acted. I just loved her with Liam so much!!

One of my favorite parts of this story was when Avery learned exactly who Liam was and what he was doing. The fact that Liam was the one who told her and what happened to cause him to finally tell Avery the truth just made me love him even more.  Especially the way that he handled the situation afterwords and how he treated her. Even though he lied to her, I didn't have the same reaction to his deception as I did with Sean's to Grace. I thought Liam handled the situation and Avery so much better than Sean handled Grace. I thought that Sean bullied Grace where as that was not what Liam did with Avery. I thought that the love he had for her shown in his actions at that moment. I also loved how Avery handled herself in the face of finding out the truth. 

I loved Liam's take on BDSM and how he explained his feelings to Avery about it. It made me look at BDSM and especially the way a Dom treats his sub in a new way. Oh...the sex scenes about did me in. They were so far beyond HOT!! My kindle definitely overheated and me with it!! There was such an intimacy between Liam and Avery that pulled me right in. I loved how Avery reacted to Liam's Dominance over her. She was so perfect for him and I loved how being with him gave Avery more confidence and how she made Liam want to be a better man. *sigh*

I loved reading more about Ian (cannot wait for his book), Alex and Eve (I think their book is going to be so emotional), Sean and Grace (loved them in this book~especially at the end), Adam, Jake and Serena (so funny and their part in the end was so very sweet) and I loved the addition of Simon (can't wait to see what Lexi has in store for him). 

Between Liam and Avery and this incredible story I was absorbed into this book and the outside world did not exist for me until long after I was finished reading. This book was so funny. I loved when Avery accused Liam of being a prostitute and the reaction of Jake and Adam when they found out that she thought that. I also loved when Adam had to stay behind with Avery while Jake got to visit Serena and Avery thought they were really talking about pie!! I laughed so hard when she realized what they were actually talking about later on in the book. I just loved Avery and Liam and they are definitely one of my favorite couples. I was so invested in them getting their HEA.  Oh...I ADORED the ending!! One of the best that I have read!! SO FREAKING GOOD!!

I could go on and on about this book. It is definitely a keeper to be reread and I definitely need the paperback version. 

Best of the Best!! I cannot recommend this series enough!! 

***Copy provided by Lexi Blake. Thank you so much!!

        

  

Books #1 and 2 / AMAZON
The Dom Who Loved Me -- Lexi Blake The Men with the Golden Cuffs -- Lexi Blake

Click HERE for my review of The Dom Who Loved me
Click HERE for my review of The Men With The Golden Cuffs


No comments:

Post a Comment