Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Review: All I Want For Christmas Is You (A Coming Home Novella) by Jessica Scott...5 out of 5 rating...




All I Want for Christmas is You (Coming Home #5.5)All I Want for Christmas is You by Jessica Scott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow...this story was both heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. I really felt for both Sam and Patrick. I only wished it could have been longer because i would have loved to see these two in their new life with Natalie. I wasn't quite ready to let them go yet.

Jessica has this way with her writing. Her words wrap around you and pull you into the story and don't let go. You don't want to let go. Her characters and their situations seem so real that you can't help but want a HEA for them. You want the hero and heroine to find the peace and love they so desperately need and deserve. The story of Sam and Patrick was no different and was an excellent addition to and already excellent series.

Sam...my heart hurt for her. She was so lost and didn't know how to reach out for help. Patrick *sigh* He was such a great character. Once he really saw what was happening with Sam he tried his best to get through to her and pull her from the darkness. They were such a great couple and I loved how their story ended. I also loved that Sam finally realized that Patrick was never going to walk away from her. I couldn't love two characters more if I tried. :)

All I Want For Christmas is Jessica Scott at her best and the reason I continue to look forward to reading each new book. Thank you Jessica for such a great read.



An all new novella about a woman who came back from war changed and the man who loves her enough not to let her go.

All Major Patrick MacLean wanted was Christmas with the woman and child who were his family in everything but name. But Captain Samantha Egan has come back from the war a different woman than the one who left - and she doesn't know if she can love him anymore.
But neither of them counted on the determination of a little girl they both call daughter and if Natalie has her wish, her parents may have no idea what's coming for them. It's going to take Christmas miracle to bring these two wounded warriors back from the edge of a broken heart. 






2 comments:

  1. I hear wonderful things about her writing, but really need to pick up a book. This one sounds soo good and quick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lily,

      You really should check out Jessica's books. She is such a wonderful writer and her books are cheap. make sure to check out Goodreads for the correct order of the series because she just recently updated it. I can tell you that I haven't read a book from her yet that I didn't LOVE. Let me know what you think when you get a chance to read any.

      Mariann

      Delete