Friday, October 31, 2014

Book Spotlight: Stolen Innocence by S. M. Stryker...




Haunted by her years of abuse, Parker Dane tries to leave her past behind her to start a new life in a new city. She meets Ian Blake; actually she runs into him multiple times, but always runs away before learning his name. Ian can't get Parker out of his mind and he doesn't even know her name.

Ian finally gets his opportunity to meet Parker, and he will do anything in his power to keep her from running away from him again. Parker has years of demons and fears bottled up inside her; she knows that if Ian finds out her secrets, she will lose him forever; no one wants damaged goods. Will Ian make her run away again or will her past catch up to her trying to pull her back.






"All my life I thought it would be just me and nothing more. Then you come along and you change my way of thinking; you make me want more. Until you, I never considered the possibilities," I say as I run my hand over his cheek.

Taking a deep breath, I begin to talk but my voice is as quiet as a whisper. "You want to know what my demons are? What my deepest darkest secret is?" My voice has a tone of resignation.
"Yes, you need to let it out, Parker." He says it as if that will make all things better. Little does he know.


It is warm out, and I have already drunk most of my water. I stop by a Benson Bubbler to refill my bottle. I have Imagine Dragons playing loudly on my iPhone. I am dancing to the music while filling my bottle, to keep my muscles warm, not paying any attention to anything around me. I am just starting to put the lid on my water bottle when someone taps me on the shoulder, scaring the living shit out of me. I flinch, swinging my arms as water flies everywhere, soaking myself and the person who tapped my shoulder. Shocked, I turn to see who tapped me as I see water running down the face of...Oh, my God! It's tall, dark, and dimple.


S.M. Stryker grew up on a small farm in Oregon with her two brothers.
She married her husband 27 years ago. It was important to her to be able to stay at home to raise their four daughters.
She wasn't an avid reader, although she always thought her life would make a good book. A few years ago, she picked up FSOG and The Crossfire Series and was drawn to the characters; the storylines moved her more than anything. Her life changed at that point. She could relate to the characters and what they had gone through. She devoured books after that, sometimes reading 8-10 books a week, and finding new authors that she enjoyed reading. She couldn't be without a book, her iPad, or iPhone; anything that she could download her kindle app onto.
Knowing she had always wanted to write but kept putting it off, she emailed a few of her favorite authors that gave her some very good advice. So she finally went for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment