Monday, March 3, 2014

Reviewed: Love In Sight by Holly Gilliatt...5 out of 5 rating...



17729684
Jason knows what he wants out of life, even if he can't see it.
Like most people, Jason's looking for that elusive happily-ever-after. But although he's good-looking, athletic, funny and charming--he's starting to realize that his white cane isn't exactly a chick magnet. When he meets Heather, he can't believe such a sweet, smart, beautiful woman is falling for him. Best of all, she doesn't seem bothered by his occasional run-in with a low-hanging tree branch or inability to color coordinate. They soon become inseparable. But as they begin to negotiate their life together, they encounter obstacles even his white cane can't navigate. 
While Jason's dreams seem to be slipping from his grasp, he's forced to face his insecurities and accept who he is...and maybe see things more clearly than ever before.
Love in Sight is a novel about coming to terms with what you can live with and what you can't live without.
Holly Gilliatt is a new-to-me author and I'm so looking forward to reading more from her. Jason and Heather's story was so much more than I expected. This was such a heartwarming and emotional read for me and it was hard at times to read Jason and Heather struggle with his blindness. I loved Jason's character so much and felt so sorry for the things that happened to him. He wasn't an alpha badass but just a genuinely nice guy~he was funny, smart and charming. They were such a fun couple and I was rooting so hard for them to find their HEA. So Good!! I only wish there had been an epilogue.  

There was something that happened that totally shocked me as I was so not expecting it. And I have to say that it KILLED me. UGH...I so wish that Holly hadn't gone that way. Especially because of how it affected Jason. So sad. 

So....I really enjoyed the story and definitely recommend it. Thanks Holly for writing a story that entertained me with characters that felt so real to me with their struggles and had me so involved in them and their story from the very beginning. Didn't want to see it end. 

Oh...I almost forgot...I LOVED LOVED LOVED the prologue. Jason just about melted my heart.

        

  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reading LOVE IN SIGHT. So thrilled you liked it, and I really appreciate the lovely review! And thanks for choosing 'TIL ST. PATRICK'S DAY as your cover of the month.

    ReplyDelete