Monday, March 3, 2014

Reviewed: Claiming Carter by W.S. Greer...3 out of 5 rating...



18403179
Lily Hayes is a beautiful 3rd grade teacher who enjoys her job very much, and has an amazing best friend who keeps her entertained. The only problem in Lily's life is that she always dates lame, boring, passionless men. No one has ever brought her any adventure. No one gives her excitement, and after being cheated on by her last boyfriend, Lily is ready for a change. 

A change is exactly what she finds when she meets Kelvin Carter Jr. Kelvin is everything Lily wants in a man: sexy, passionate, spontaneous, attractive, powerful, and the best sex she has ever had. He is perfect. But perfection comes with a price. Kelvin may be exactly what Lily is looking for, but he is also a branch on a Chicago mob's family tree and the son of a notorious mob boss. 

When the couple commences a heart-pounding, overwhelmingly sensual relationship, Lily must decide what she desires more; love and satisfaction, or her own safety
This was a hard book for me to rate. It had things that I liked, disliked and confused me but overall the things that I liked far outweighed the things that I didn't. I really did like Kelvin and Lily as a couple and I'm interested enough in their relationship to read the next book. The prologue confused me because I thought the story was going one way and it totally went another. But it did make sense towards the end when the things that happened in the prologue where explained. 

One of the things that threw me off was that the story was written mainly from Lily's POV with a bit of Kelvin's. Since the author is a man, I was wondering why he didn't write from Kelvin's POV instead. I think this is where I had a little disconnect with the characters. I wanted to feel more from them~especially Lily. I liked them but I didn't love them. I do have to say that W.S. can definitely write some HOT sex scenes. ;) 

So...a good read that has me interested enough to be looking forward to the next book, especially after reading a little sneak peek on the author's website. 
          

  

No comments:

Post a Comment